News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

RUSTBUCKET typo? C4 Electrolytic cap, no indication of polarity !?!

Started by mikef, August 02, 2019, 02:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Hullo! Well, I had to break down n order some smaller diameter caps from Mouser (Out of the 2.2uf and 100uf) and was  looking at the 2.2uF  Electrolytic cap in the C4 position and I will be switched if I can see any polarity markings on the PCB. I checked the schematic to see if there was a polarity indicated by that plus sign, but no indication either. Is this a non polarized cap, or typo or what? Can someone let me know  the correct orientation using the IN located one one side/the murata IC on the other? Thanks!

madbean

It should say non-polar in the BOM/Shopping List. I'll get that fixed.

madbean

You can probably get away with a polarized cap since both sides should be sitting at or close to 0v DC.

mikef

Thanks Mr. Bean!
it's a minor setback. Glad YOU are on the mend. Gonna get a few from Mammoth.(They are candy apple metallic green!)  Them chips are like a lot of cashola and I shant risk it with otherwise. I was tempted to use some 16v 220uFs in that quad section, but was not wanting to see the dreaded Blue smoke of death. (I'm still freaked out about the Black Rabbit from that Watership Down cartoon,lol!)

mikef

Brian, what about a  non-polarized- taltalium or poly or ceramic cap rated at 2.2uf?