News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Octavus

Started by pickdropper, August 03, 2019, 08:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Over the years, I've gotten requests for a mini Octavia, but I assumed it wouldn't fit because of the transformer.  When I finally got serious about it, I realized I could flip it over and still fit two pots on the other side of the box.  For good measure, I threw in a toggle to disable the octave if one so chooses.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lars

That is a pro-build all the way. I could see that in the glass case at any guitar store.
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

matmosphere

You say it wouldn't fit but you made it look so easy!

As always, most impressive.

jimilee

My god man, there's nothing you can't do. Nicely executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ahiddentableau

The OCD side of my brain is drowning in a vat of its own gooey endorphins right now.

The board.  The complete lack of visible wiring.  Even the solder joints look absolutely perfect.

Gorgeous.

m-Kresol

I'm still blown away by all your builds. the way you present it just sounds like a totally normal thing to squeeze it into 1590a.

I envy the lack of any trace of flux...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

benny_profane

Looks great! The striping really makes the vertical knob arrangement work well.

I'm still trying to figure out how you got the switch to be horizontal between the pots.

cooder

Amazeballs and beyond OCD. There needs to be a new word for it, like 'QOCD' (Quantum OCDness...) or so...
Racey with the vertical stripes too. Just above and beyond.
BigNoise Amplification

pickdropper

Quote from: benny_profane on August 04, 2019, 05:01:17 PM

I'm still trying to figure out how you got the switch to be horizontal between the pots.

The switch actually sits on top of the pots.  I spaced it so the wire goes underneath in between them.  It worked out OK.
Function f(x)

pickdropper

And thanks to everybody for the kind words.  I appreciate it.
Function f(x)

jjjimi84

So disgustingly amazing!! Always top shelf work.

benny_profane

Quote from: pickdropper on August 05, 2019, 07:36:40 PM
Quote from: benny_profane on August 04, 2019, 05:01:17 PM

The switch actually sits on top of the pots.  I spaced it so the wire goes underneath in between them.  It worked out OK.

That's precise drilling. From what I see it worked out a bit more than OK!

jubal81

Really impressive. I don't think it would have occurred to me to do a laser etch on white, but it's flat out awesome.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

That is an extremely handsome pedal. I can imagine a White Penguin hooked up to that one. I think you helped me decide on white PCBs for a project I'm working on. They look so sweet when the flux is all cleaned off.

midwayfair