News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Partscaster Day

Started by pickdropper, August 04, 2019, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I've been wanting to do a stock tele build as all of my other teles are non-standard (although I love them all).

USACG Fiesta Red Body that I got in trade (not a fan of Fiesta red, but oh well)
Musikraft Neck with locking Gotoh Kluson style tuners that I already had
Porter standard tele pickups that I got in trade
Gotoh In-Tune bridge with compensated saddles (man are these a good deal).
Various hardware bits.

I wired it up for four-way switching just to see what that's like.

I got a bit lucky in that it's extremely lively.  Very loud unplugged.  It sounds great.  Plays a touch stiff, but I put 9s on it and it's good.  Setup went pretty easily and I did a rough intonation on it (close as I can come since I don't have a strobe tuner).

Ultimately, I'll probably swap out the neck as it's not my preferred profile.  This will get me started until that point.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

lars

Looks good, although I do agree that fiesta red is a bit much. I think eventually a mint green or cream pickguard would look great, and kind of tone down the red playing off the bright white, like this:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/27925-vintage-vault-1962-fender-telecaster-fiesta-red
Yep. I clicked the, "continue without supporting us" link....

pickdropper

Quote from: lars on August 04, 2019, 01:20:21 PM
Looks good, although I do agree that fiesta red is a bit much. I think eventually a mint green or cream pickguard would look great, and kind of tone down the red playing off the bright white, like this:
https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/27925-vintage-vault-1962-fender-telecaster-fiesta-red

Yeah, a mint or creme guard will likely happen eventually (or I'll swap out the body).  This was very much a build with as many parts as I already had.  Over time, I'll tweak it.
Function f(x)

culturejam

I love it when a plan comes together!  8)
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Muadzin

That feeling when a guitar build starts coming together and fires up. Just like with pedals, that feeling of exhilaration, only ten times greater. And so addictive as well.

diablochris6

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

gordo

Honestly, that red and the glaring white of the pickguard works.  I think it's so jarring that it makes a cool statement on its own.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: lars on August 04, 2019, 01:20:21 PM

Good call, btw.  The guy I got the body from had a spare mint pickguard.  It looks WAY better, IMHO.
Function f(x)

TheDude

Looks great! Abother idea to tone down the fiesta red - if you ever completely disassemble it again, try leaving it in the sun to fade the color a bit. Not sure how successful that will be with the clear coat on top, but could help fade it out and give it a touch of a reliced look.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

midwayfair

Red guitars are the best, they play faster.