Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

workstations...lets see them

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 08, 2019, 06:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Quote from: EBK on August 13, 2019, 07:20:58 PM
Quote from: timbo_93631 on August 13, 2019, 06:32:48 PM
All I see in this pic is a beautiful Hakko 888-D and some assorted confetti.  Love my Hakko!
Love my Hakko too! *high five*

Felt kind of bad for them after I ordered a second soldering tip directly from them (well, directly from their US presence).  They actually called me up and asked if there was ANYTHING else they could do for me or my company (no, they didn't say it in a lustful voice or anything).  The rep probably started rattling off a detailed sales pitch--I can't fully remember.  It seemed like I really let them down when I revealed myself to be a hobbyist (their choice of word). 

Still, top notch soldering station, even though I've never changed it from its default setting of 750 soldering magic units (must be degrees or something; I judged by the results that it seemed an appropriate enough number and never worried about it afterward :P).
I run mine full tilt (899) all day Monday through Saturday, on my second tip, always impressed at how it handles heavier stuff with ease, Tele basplate ground wires, tremolo claw ground wires, humbucker covers, eats it all up.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Leevibe

I love mine too but I wish it just had the older analog knob instead of the buttons. I realized shortly after I got it that the memory settings isn't a feature that's useful to me. I do most stuff around 560 or so and crank it to 700 when I need to dump in some heat.

selfdestroyer

I forgot to add to this.. this is my new bench during the summer months here in Hell, CA.

I need to get a nice place to put my parts box's. As of now, I just bring in the bins I need and it really slows down the process.

alanp

Quote from: alanp on August 09, 2019, 07:34:29 AM

When I got into pedalmaking in 2013 with a Rangemaster (thanks, Brian!), this was my workspace.

I'm making sixteen band EQs, MS10 VCFs, and I'm still working with maybe 400x150mm space.

I'm still jealous of all you guys with dedicated workstations with room to set up all your gear. My o'scope only gets taken out when I actually need it :/
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

skyled

My gigantic workbench is still not big enough. No room to do any soldering at the moment. Bench has been invaded by the $200 Rhodes Mk1 88 key that I almost had done before I picked up a $180 Wurlitzer 145 and there's not even room for it. I had to use the top of my Hammond M3 as a second bench. Soldering junk is in the shelves above. PCB/electronic junk is stored inside in the boxes and bags I got from Tayda/Mouser.

skyled

skyled

Aentons

Dining room table and garage for me

rockola

Cleared up a corner of the garage and set up this little soldering station. No more resin fumes in the bedroom. The picture looks deceptively tidy as I haven't yet used it in anger. Note the magnifying desk lamp and activated carbon filter driven by an old PC fan, two of the things I consider absolutely essential for this caper.

jimilee

Is that a little computer fan with a filter in front of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rockola

Quote from: jimilee on November 21, 2019, 06:36:04 AM
Yes indeed. Probably not as good as a real exhaust system, but better than nothing, I would imagine. Fumes go in, air comes out.

jimilee

Quote from: rockola on November 21, 2019, 12:09:12 PM
Quote from: jimilee on November 21, 2019, 06:36:04 AM
Yes indeed. Probably not as good as a real exhaust system, but better than nothing, I would imagine. Fumes go in, air comes out.
That's a very resourceful idea, DIY all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

revisiting this thread to remember the time my desk was clean
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX