News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A member is in distress and in need of good vibes

Started by madbean, August 09, 2019, 09:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m-Kresol

so glad to hear you are doing better. All the best for your future
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

GrindCustoms

Quote from: diablochris6 on August 31, 2019, 07:47:26 PM
Glad to hear you are up and about now, Rej! I wasn't on the forum for a bit until recently and didn't know about what happened to you. It's a shame that near-death experiences frequently are the triggers to gain an awareness of one's life and what is truly important, but it's great that you have the opportunity now to make it count! Continued prayers for you, friend!

Quote from: gordo on August 31, 2019, 07:55:08 PM
Whoa, it's really nice to hear from you Rej. Those are some well crafted thoughts and some very moving insight. It's a shame that it takes something this jolting to make us all appreciate what we've always had. I suppose stopping to smell the roses is much more than a trite saying. Be well, heal completely, and welcome to life 2.0

I really have to agree with you guys... ...sometime pathetic as it sounds a massive "reality check" is required to straighten you up.

There's also a good amount of culpability in there... ...i mean this event could have been completely avoided if i had'nt pushed later and later that tooth ache i had. A simple visit to the dentist, couple hundred bucks and all of this would'nt have happened.

So yeah.. if you have a tooth ache, skip that lot of NOS Tubes and FishCaps and go to the dentist... shit can hit the fan quite fast otherwise!  ::)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

Thank goodness you're still with us, Rej!

Take care of yourself and don't let yourself feel guilty about doing all the rehab you need to do.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

cooder

So glad to hear you're on the mend and that you went through this and are still standing and walking on.
Totally understand that this changes your perspective more than any words can.
Keep it up!
BigNoise Amplification

madbean

Leevibe

Rej, you have been on my heart, friend. I don't know you well but I have thought about you and prayed for you pretty much daily. It feels really good to see your avatar and read your comments. They are the words of someone who sees clearly. We should all be living like it's our second chance. Good to hear from you, brother.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jubal81 on September 01, 2019, 09:49:42 AM
Thank goodness you're still with us, Rej!

Take care of yourself and don't let yourself feel guilty about doing all the rehab you need to do.

Thanks Jason, really appreciate it, when i saw your donation in the GoFundMe that my friend had setup i had a tear... ...you know, due to the circumstances and then your messages here. Thanks for eveything mate. :)

Quote from: cooder on September 01, 2019, 05:23:59 PM
So glad to hear you're on the mend and that you went through this and are still standing and walking on.
Totally understand that this changes your perspective more than any words can.
Keep it up!

Indeed, it's really hard to put concret words on all this, i weekly see a social worker to give me the right tools in this whole process.

As life go on, you make choices, not always the best, you make mistakes, some you correct, other you let go or simply don't want to face them. But now, having the chance to be here still... ...making the right choices, taking the right path, being "rightful" with the people with who entertain whatever the type of relation you have and all that... ...have become a priority.

I have'nt "seen the light" (lol), but it have surely enlightnen me more than ever before.

Thanks for your thoughts and good vibes! :)

Quote from: madbean on September 01, 2019, 06:14:34 PM
Get well, then kick ass!

Hell yeah brotha! Now i need that new Phasor board, to get my DIY back on track haha! ;D

Quote from: Leevibe on September 02, 2019, 08:34:19 AM
Rej, you have been on my heart, friend. I don't know you well but I have thought about you and prayed for you pretty much daily. It feels really good to see your avatar and read your comments. They are the words of someone who sees clearly. We should all be living like it's our second chance. Good to hear from you, brother.

I might sound clear but there's still lots of confusion... ...Although i was completely unconscious in my coma, i firmly believe that it's all you guys and gals that where rooting for my well being that kept me fighting.

When i woke up, 11 days later i got my cellphone back and was able to reconnect with the world, i had over 300 private messages on faceboo, dozens of emails and text messages. I was litterally undershock by how many people where caring for me. I'm an hermit at a some extent, i don't have a big social life, i never give news to anyone... ...people always to reach out for me to know what's going on. And all of a sudden, the loner that i am was submerged in a flow of good willing people, some i don't know that much or only through the internet. I was amazed, it kinda cracked my "stone heart", and i'm still amazed and forever thankfull!

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

The world needs more custom stompboxes with angle-grinder marks, Rej :)

We have fun with making gear and using it... but there's an old Maori proverb, "He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata".

"What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people."
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Yay! Really glad to hear you're on the mend Rej!   :D

GrindCustoms

I'm quite pumped and excited right now, this past friday i had my appointment for the global evaluation of my health situation, recovery, progression and everything is a success! Doctors where actually impressed by how fast i've heal and recover my physical abilities.

Since i came out of the hospital i had a "Pic-Line" installed in my right arm, going through a vein and right up to.. ...nearby my heart for my steady intravenous injections. This have been a struggle for me since i'm out. As it asks me to go at the hospital everyday to get the pump recharged with the antibiotics. So every first 4 hours of my days are occupied by that and it kept me from being able to have a temporary job so i can make up the financial disaster that this health issue have caused.

Last October i had took the decision to quit my job in the mining industry and work 100% on my own, for my buisness. So that meant that i did'nt had any insurrance or coverage in case of such a situation. I live on a very tight budget and if when i wake up i don't kick my ass to get some work done, there's no income. So this whole hospitalisation and all.. have really hurt me. But! The good news!

This friday i'm getting my intravenous setup completely removed and will then switch to antibiotics in pills, still for at least a 6month period but at last... ...i'm getting back my soooo cherrished "liberty". A friend of me have already set me up to start a temporary job operating heavy machinery so i can financially recover from this event. Once i'm back on my feet with a tad of security set aside, i'll go back at my normal activities.

I could'nt be more happy than this right now! :)

Again and i'll never say it enough, thanks to all of you for the positive vibes and everything, truly help me keep my motivation of pushing forward.

Cheers!

Rej

Quote from: alanp on September 03, 2019, 07:48:37 AM
The world needs more custom stompboxes with angle-grinder marks, Rej :)

We have fun with making gear and using it... but there's an old Maori proverb, "He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata".

"What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people."

Was really hoping that you would include the translation! Hahaha!
Thanks Alan! :)

Quote from: nzCdog on September 04, 2019, 01:50:05 PM
Yay! Really glad to hear you're on the mend Rej!   :D

Thanks mate! :)

GrindCustoms

Ah! Also, as some know, i'm mostly busy with my automotive adventure right now... ...i've always been a petrol head and it's my first love/passion that started at very early age.. got my first motorcycle at 6years old....

This buisness is growing very nicely, in October i'll have my own shop and "warehouse" for the parts i produce and also distributes, wich is my appartement/shed that serve that purpose... ...it's quite overloaded at the moment and i often think that my floor will collapse. lol

This being said, once everything is moved over the new shop, i'll gain back my electronic workshop i had setup back then... ...so many half done projects and other things i always wanted to do, but the lack of space and having my brain splitted all over the place kept me from going forward after i did my "DIY burnout"... ...i might sometime take what i do too much by the heart and take them as my babies.

Anyway, lots of exciting time ahead! :)

davent

Great news Rej! One day at a time, all's heading in the right direction^
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?