News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trouble with the Harbinger two

Started by mikef, August 13, 2019, 10:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikef

Hello! I have put together the Harbinger Two, but,alas, it is not running like it should.
I had a soldier bridge between two pins on theLT1054 that I corrected. (The ic got a tad bit hot, so it was replaced.)  I have it on 9v regulated bench power, and control wise, the volume is functioning as it is supposed to, the speed is not working, ie no change at either end of the sweep. The intensity, at either end of the pot produces no visible change,unless it's in the middle position. The gain and offset trimmer pots only change the brightness. Now, if I sweep my fingers over the 4 ldrs i get the swooshy goodness!

mikef

backside. I noticed some dicey points that needed to be re-flowed and i removed one or two bridges. Now , the voltages, some are close/dead on when I do a volt reading but the following ones are off:  Q3       Q 12
                                                                                                            C 13.5        C 9.2
                                                                                                            B 4.4          B 9.08
                                                                                                            E 0.0          E  0.6

The IC LT1054 has the following
1 .01    5 0
2 4.94  6 4.9
3 0       7 5.7
4 .01    8 9.0
Any help will be so greatly appreciated

mikef

Well,well,WELL.. It was a Bad I car pot.  >:(I happen to have one that was the same value for a future wah build,the  PedalBCB Tearjerker.

Axeman

That's some bull shit, the board is faulty?

HamSandwich

Quote from: Axeman on August 21, 2019, 11:57:56 AM
That's some bull shit, the board is faulty?

Pretty sure he said it was the potentiometer, not the board.

Axeman