News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead Vibe & Bumblebee

Started by glops, November 07, 2011, 12:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glops

This is my first build post for this forum. I usually hang at DIYstomp and i love fuzz. Madbean's project are really awesome.  I finished these in the last week.  Both sound absolutely killer!

Warhead Vibe

jimmybjj

Both of those look really great, fantastic!
Pcbs no longer available

nzCdog

Man those look cool! Love the relic'ed look, very nice builds 8)

jtn191

how'd you do the graphics on the first one??? I love it!
screen printed/stencil? Etched?

dwstanford

Welcome to the forum.  Those are some wicked builds.  How do you like the bumble bee?  I've built just about every other ge fuzz pedal, but haven't tried it yet.

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jkokura

Nice stuff and welcome! That warhead looks sooper rad. Does the toggle switch get in the way when you're using the stomp switch?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Woah! Those both look killer! I'm loving your warhead design, looks so classic. Is it an etch?? Regardless great job!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

gtr2

Really cool.  I like the warhead in particular!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TNblueshawk

Very nice man. Diggin the mojo in a few of those components too.
John

glops

Thanks for all the kind words!  This forum is awesome.  I've been building for a couple of years now and have settled on etching all my boxes.  The Warhead came out super clean the second time around.  It went to a friend so I have yet to build mine.  Sounds so rich and warm.  It's really a great project.

Quote from: dwstanford on November 07, 2011, 02:19:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.  Those are some wicked builds.  How do you like the bumble bee?  I've built just about every other ge fuzz pedal, but haven't tried it yet.

The bumble bee is fantastic.  I built a Roland Double Beat Fuzz awhile ago and I thought I had found the ultimate fuzz.  The bumble is my favorite at the moment.  I had never built a PNP fuzz before but I had some cool trannies I ripped out of a radio gathering dust.  I thought this would be a good project to get some use out of the transistors.  I wasn't expecting much but was blown away when I fired it up.  It's perfect, I can play chords with it without it mushing up...

Quote from: jkokura on November 07, 2011, 07:01:36 PM
Nice stuff and welcome! That warhead looks sooper rad. Does the toggle switch get in the way when you're using the stomp switch?

Jacob

I was afraid of the toggle's proximity but it worked out fine.  I think it's just riding the line to being too close.

raulduke

Those builds are beyond awesome mate; I love the style you have gone with for them!

Oh.... and welcome to the forum too!

glops

Quote from: raulduke on November 12, 2011, 04:29:52 AM
Those builds are beyond awesome mate; I love the style you have gone with for them!

Oh.... and welcome to the forum too!

Thanks!