News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

chorus and tremolo and delay oh my!

Started by Thewintersoldier, September 08, 2019, 10:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Completed a bunch of new builds the past couple weeks but waiting for paint to dry, kids starting school and a really sick dog, i'm finally getting around to putting knobs on and taking pictures. this will be the first wave of build reports.
first up is a 1776 cardinal tremolo. turned out great and love how it sounds. Shout out to Jon Patton for his insight on an issue I was having(me being a dumb-ass).

now a couple of madbean builds. Heres a Pork Barrel with MN3207. love this thing as an 80's child.

Now the Aquaboy. no modulation on this one. xvive mn3005. So perfect. I can't wait to start my Aquaboy DLX now. I cant turn it off. I'm using it as a faux reverb at the moment, its just works so much better with my tungsten amp than a reverb pedal.

Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Nice builds all around and the old Dymo labels look very industrial chic.  But the important stuff: how's the dog???
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: gordo on September 08, 2019, 10:27:22 AM
Nice builds all around and the old Dymo labels look very industrial chic.  But the important stuff: how's the dog???
Thanks, I love the Dymo. The Dog is doing better, he's on the mend. He had gotten a really bad UTI and is on his second round of antibiotics. Throwing up for 2 weeks and battling dehydration, he is finally eating again which had me worried. He's a boston terrier who weighed 26lbs and dropped down to 22. he's my inter-species  life partner and it was like seeing the kids sick. He has a spot by my bench so he gets rest while I build.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

Boston terriers are the best! Hope the little guy gets better.

Your builds all look great. Yes, I love chorus as well. Back in the '80s, it wasn't just the cheesy pop bands using it...it pops up on Husker Du, Dinosaur Jr., and other bands' recordings from the era.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bret608 on September 09, 2019, 06:44:34 AM
Boston terriers are the best! Hope the little guy gets better.

Your builds all look great. Yes, I love chorus as well. Back in the '80s, it wasn't just the cheesy pop bands using it...it pops up on Husker Du, Dinosaur Jr., and other bands' recordings from the era.
Thanks, he's on the upswing now. And modulation in general is great. Some of my favorite bands are from the late 80s to mid 90s alt music scene and made some of the best music using chorus, flanger and phasers. I have  a lectric spaceharpv2 and a mbp current lover up next my bench.
Who the hell is Bucky?