News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Firebird project

Started by Sigesmundninja, September 18, 2019, 04:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigesmundninja

Havn't been active on this forum for a couple of years. Mostly because I havn't really built any pedals but focused on family. However I have built myself a SG-style guitar from kit. After that succesul project I ordered custom part and assembled a Jazzmaster that became my number one guitar. Last three years I've been obsessed with the idea of building a Gibson Firebird clone and this year I finally started the project. From januari through july I more or less spent all hours in my garage after the kids went to bed. Here are some pictures of the process.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/markusJklein/embed/slideshow/Firebird"></iframe>

there are more photos and videos of the build-process on my instagram: markus.johansson.klein

pickdropper

The craftsmanship on this is amazing.  Thanks for taking such good pictures of the process.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Aentons

Wow, that's bad-ass! I'd be interested to see pics of the SG and JM too if you have any

Berger

man a firebird has been on the build list for me, but a neck through is too intimidating to me. thanks for the nice pics!

mjg

Excellent work, I was particularly impressed with the binding and fretboard inlays. 

jimilee

I want one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Consider me completely blown away.  Even the oxidized Pelham Blue finish.  Really top shelf craftsmanship here.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

davent

Super job, looks great! Lots of hours put into that.
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

Leevibe

Every once in a while something pops up on here that is truly inspiring. This is so next level. Thanks for documenting the process. It's amazing.

jjjimi84

Absolutely amazing work, I am blown away by this.

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

nzCdog

Wow that is a good looking guitar.  Nice job 8)

m-Kresol

wow, nicely done. you can really be proud of this one.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials