News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

SLAPCHOP systec harmonic energizer!

Started by tol, July 23, 2010, 11:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tol

so I built the slapchop. this is pretty interesting. sort of a parked wah distortion effector. I almost want to add a master volume control because the gain needs to be cranked to achieve the distortion. I'm still a novice schematic reader but it looks like the 1k r9 might control  the master volume? I'm getting a loud pop when engaging the effect on about every other stomp.

madbean

You can replace R10 with a 100kA pot, and take the volume out off the wiper. So, lug3 goes to R10, wiper is out, and lug1 goes to the other end of R10 (connects to ground).

I'm surprised about the popping. Since it's a buffered effect, I wouldn't really expect that. My guess is it's coming from the LED, so in this case I think a 10uF connected between R21 and the LED and then to ground might help.

tol

Thanks for the suggestions! I will give them a try! I forgot to mention that I think the bypassed signal sounds great.

madbean

Yep, buffers get a bad rap, but I've never been disappointed with a good one. I like the added (meaning true) fidelity it brings back to an instrument. It's easy enough to simulate high end loss after the fact, but a buffer gives you a good baseline from which to begin. Plus, the low impedance output is a good thing most of the time.

gtr2

What did you use to wire you're pots.  They look really tidy.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer