News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cuatro Tonebender

Started by Thewintersoldier, October 01, 2019, 02:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

got around to building  the mkiii so here is the group shot. simple builds and similar yet soooo different in tone and feel. lots of fun in this group!

mk1

mk1.5

mk11

mk111

Who the hell is Bucky?

EBK

Love the color selection for the whole series.  If you had one more set of those knobs, it would be perfect.  ;)
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

skyled

Very cool collection. Of course I have to ask, which one is your favorite and why?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: skyled on October 01, 2019, 07:36:31 PM
Very cool collection. Of course I have to ask, which one is your favorite and why?
Out of the group I think the mki is my favorite, the texture and feel is nasty and unruly and it's just nasty...just how I like it!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

I was going to ask the same thing...what were the specs for the transistors you used on your MkI? These all look awesome!

I'll have my MkII build report up as soon as the paint dries. It's an old school stripboard build with no trimmers, so Q2 really has been critical to dialing in the sound.

G.G.

So cool you made a complete set! What transistors did you use for the the MKI & 1.5?

Thewintersoldier

All the transistor sets are from smallbear. Generic sets, some had markings, some did not. Some ac128s in there that had markings. I wish I had a transistor tester to let me know what they were but they sound good, right gain and leakage and bias properly.
Who the hell is Bucky?

LaceSensor

really nice series.
they sit great together. Whats the major difference in tone / feel?