News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

1590A BBD Delay

Started by dan.schumaker, September 30, 2019, 08:33:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

I am really happy with this, so instead of lumping it in with other stuff I have finished recently, I think it deserves its own build report :)

This is the Hologram Delay.  This is an (almost all) SMD BBD Delay, based on the Aquapuss, using an Xvive MN3005 chip.  All resistors are 0603, most caps are 0805.  I still have 1uF film caps and electrolytic caps as thru-hole components, as well as the transistors and IC's.  It has been a while since I have done any large scale SMD resistor and cap soldering, and it definitely took a few parts to get back into the swing of doing it :)  Overall, I am really happy with the sound of the delays.  They are definitely dark sounding delays, but it does sound really good.  This is the perfect delay to use for some rockabilly or some surf stuff.  The lower delay time settings really lead themselves to pseudo-reverb tones.

1977 Hologram by Dan Schumaker, on Flickr

Aleph Null

Damn. I was impressed when I thought it was a PT2399 delay. Even more impressive that it's a BBD!

aiaosu

That's quite a technical feat fitting all that. I tip my hat to you.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Yahoo67

Soooo... next you gonna do a DDM in a 1590a xD. That is really insane. It would be nice if xvive decided to do bbms in smd formats ^^

dan.schumaker

Quote from: Yahoo67 on September 30, 2019, 11:16:36 AM
Soooo... next you gonna do a DDM in a 1590a xD. That is really insane. It would be nice if xvive decided to do bbms in smd formats ^^

Thomasha already has that market covered....

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29896.msg289096#msg289096

alanp

Dan, that is ridiculously well done.

My only quibble is that the angle of the photo made me think that 'Fdbk' said 'Fack', for a moment ;) :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper