News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just released! Softie, more bypass boards, "BreadBuddies" and Hipster2019.

Started by madbean, October 18, 2019, 05:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Softie: this is the Function F(x) relay bypass adapated for DIY builds. There are two versions: Softie1 is for 125b and 125BB. Softie2 is for 1590B and 1590BB. This first batch is a FULL KIT (minus LED) for a pretty nutty price of $12.50, and it even comes in its own box. I have 50 kits available. Once they are gone I will be selling the remainder of the boards kit-less (PIC still included and maybe an option for the relay). I may do more full kits next year.

Bypass boards: All the bypass boards have their own category now.
3PDT-01: standard bypass for 1590B and up
3PDT-02: for 1590A builds
3PDT-03: for 1590B and up. Features a soft turn on/off for the bypass LED.
3PDT-04: for 1590B and up. Features a trimmer for LED brightness.
3PDT-05: this is the 3PRR. I won't have these until next month.

Hipster2019: A few fun tweaks to the 1590A NPN Fuzz project.

"Breadbuddies": A new category of helpful utility PCBs for building and breadboarding. I will be adding more of these in the coming months.

I never want to type another project doc for the rest of my life at this moment.

Berger

Liking the breadbuddies. The pot adapters will be a lot nicer than jabbing the right angle bigger pots I've been using

dawson

I really dig how the softies are packaged, very nice!

It'll be great to build a reverb that doesn't go "TSHHhh" when I turn it on.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Drew Hallenbeck

Still waiting to get the Road Rage boards stocked?
I have an idea for a handful of those so I've been watching.  ;)
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

madbean

Quote from: Drew Hallenbeck on October 25, 2019, 03:00:03 PM
Still waiting to get the Road Rage boards stocked?
I have an idea for a handful of those so I've been watching.  ;)

They are here. It's re-designed, same circuit but a tuned up layout. I'll have those in the store probably Sunday.

gordo

I'd include a photo of the packaging for the Softie kits but it would ruin the rather cool presentation.  Nicely done and a nicer switch than I'd normally use.  Very classy affair.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

madbean

Quote from: gordo on October 26, 2019, 05:03:22 PM
I'd include a photo of the packaging for the Softie kits but it would ruin the rather cool presentation.  Nicely done and a nicer switch than I'd normally use.  Very classy affair.

Glad you like it! I wanted to do something cool since a relay bypass has been a long time coming on mbp.

The RoadRage2019 boards are now available and documentation is up.

gordo

Just saw the Systech Overdrive project and had a major flashback to when they were still being sold (dating myself as always).  I recall it being just vicious at the tail end of the gain pot and eq like a wah pedal.  Systech was anything but subtle.
Gordy Power

madbean

Quote from: gordo on October 30, 2019, 04:58:49 PM
Just saw the Systech Overdrive project and had a major flashback to when they were still being sold (dating myself as always).  I recall it being just vicious at the tail end of the gain pot and eq like a wah pedal.  Systech was anything but subtle.

The filter on that thing is pretty insane. It's got Zappa 70's era guitar lead tones all over it. I quite like it!

gordo

Gordy Power