News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reverb tank ideas...?

Started by mjg, October 16, 2019, 07:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjg

I've had a reverb tank circuit sitting on my breadboard for way too long now (like, most of the year), and I'm struggling to call it finished. 

I suspect that this is my usual problem of trying to put too many knobs and features onto a board. 

For now I've got a driver/recovery circuit, with variable drive, tone, and volume for the tank signal, and a separate volume for the dry signal.  Switchable between mixing the wet+dry on one output jack, or splitting it to two output jacks so you can have dry to one amp, and reverb to another. 

Also have added dry kill and wet kill switches, with tails, soft touch switching on the panel and a remote foot switch. 

I tried adding a third channel for a digital reverb, but that was a bit underwhelming really.  Reverb mixed with reverb sounds just like reverb.  Who knew?  So I scrapped that idea.

Now wondering if I should put an optional delay circuit into the mix somewhere.  But I've already got delay+reverb pedals so probably don't need that.

Anyway, any ideas for a reverb tank that I should try?  Or should I just stop procrastinating and make the board already?  :)

mjg

Here's the schematic so far, for those interested.

Aentons

skyled

How about tube driven reverb plus Brownface tube harmonic tremolo?
https://el34world.com/schematics.htm#Hoffman_ReVibe_

jighead81

Would love to have something like that, that could go in my effects loop and not in front of my amp