News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Molten Slag (Lunar module)

Started by jubal81, October 18, 2019, 02:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

Commissioned build from a friend who's real name is actually Slag. He played my other LM-inspired build and had to have one.

Build on Professor Poopie Pedal PCBs (Aldrin and C-Buffer) with a few of my own tweaks. And damned if it doesn't actually sound just as good if not a bit better than my FauxJo monstrosity.  :'(

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

dawson

^Proof that clever LED placement and sharp graphics do indeed improve tone.
Super clean build!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

m-Kresol

love the LED too, great work all around
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Does the power jack have a tiny daughterboard?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Willybomb

QuoteDoes the power jack have a tiny daughterboard?
Pedalpcb do daughterboards for the mini jacks that split power to two effects so I'm guessing it does.

Great job with the LED.

Leevibe

That graphic! So clever and it looks so good. The LED is the icing.

aiaosu

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to use the Cornish buffer board with the Aldrin? And, any observations or differences that you have noticed using the buffer?

I'm just curious to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

jubal81

Quote from: aiaosu on October 21, 2019, 06:42:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to use the Cornish buffer board with the Aldrin? And, any observations or differences that you have noticed using the buffer?

I'm just curious to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I used the buffer on a previous build of the circuit because I needed a buffer for a sound-to-light effect. My friend wanted that recreated so I added the buffer to a standard build. I think it does sound a bit better with it - more high end and clarity.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

nzCdog

Poopie, and yet so clean!  ;D
I'm really diggin this one Jason, those graphics and LED look epic!

Bret608

I too love the whole appearance with the black paint and yellow LED. And Slag has to be the best name ever!

Of course, now I think I have to build one of these...no fuzzy stone shall remain unturned.

pickdropper

This really is beautifully executed.  I dig this.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper