News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

the Jimi Rig

Started by cjkbug, November 09, 2011, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

what's up people. haven't posted anything in quite a while. here's a little something I've cobbled together over the last few months. inspired by the foxrox captain coconut. it's got a npn germanium fuzz face. an octaivia, and a neovibe. all powered from an amz power supply pcb. I used switchable jacks so if you play the effects in the order they're placed in you only need 2 cables, however they each have they're own input and output so you can change the order if you wish. The octave on the octavia is controlled by a push/pull pot as is the chorus/vibrato on the vibe. an expression pedal jack is supplied for the vibes speed control. the fuzz and octavia are both built using nos carbon comp resistors, and I believe the ff uses ac 127 transistors. the power supply is fed by a 12V 1000ma adapter and in addition to powering the 3 effects IU have included dc outputs for + and - 9v to run my wah or a pos ground fuzz while only using the one adapter.

the "Sugarfoot" wah is built to clyde specs on turret board with nos tropical fish caps, some styroflex caps, and nos carbon comp resistors. it has a whipple inductor and an Icar taper pot. I sprayed everything with black wrinkle paint which is becomming my paint of choice. it is industrial strength and idiot proof.

this was a ton of work to pull off but the results are fantastic. it is extremely quite a hum free and sounds amazing.

I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jkokura

Oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my!

Cory that's epic. I love.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

glowsheep

Awesome, Jimi in a box I love it.

plesur

Wow, that's really sweet. It looks pretty tight inside both those boxes. Plenty of mojo parts too.

I love Foxrox's stuff, the CCs is definitely inspiring.

jimmybjj

Wow, looks incrediable. I very much appreciate the amount time and effort involed with your project. So nice!
Pcbs no longer available

Haberdasher

Awesome!  I've used black wrinkle paint too, it is very cool looking.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

gtr2

MONSTER BUILD very sweet indeed!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

dwstanford

That's awesome!  The ultimate Jimi setup.  Just add strat and marshall and youre in electric ladyland.  I'd love to hear a demo.  What size enclosure is that?  Its super deep.

nzCdog

Wicked.  You are one talented guy, nice work 8)

snz728

wow this was my dream when I first started building: a Jimi in a box
excellent work and attention to details :o
Love to see a demo

petesz

wow that is amazing!! well done. where do you get that paint from?
and +1 on a demo!

mjcyates

Great work! It makes me tired just thinking about building something like that.

joe*211

wow. Makes reminds me of the captain coconut. Great work. Congrats! I  like your power idea (to power your other pedals).

slimtriggers

Man, I always lusted after the Captain Coconut.  That is one AWESOME build!  Wait, make that TWO awesome builds-that wah is killer, too :o

sgmezei

Awesome build man! I have wanted to do a Jimi setup (albeit not in one enclosure) since I finished my Marshall and Neovibe build.

How did you decide what order to put them in? And where did you find your research for the wah?

Simple, elegant build my friend.