News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Call for sponsors - 2019 BOTY contests

Started by madbean, November 01, 2019, 09:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The BOTY contest will officially launch the weekend of Thanksgiving so I'm putting out a call for anyone/shop that wants to sponsor a prize. This year there will be THREE contests! You do not need to sponsor all three, obviously...one is quite sufficient. And, don't break the bank. For PCB shops, etc, usually a small gift certificate or store credit of $10-25 is plenty alright. I'll be putting in prizes for all three, of course  ;D I'll also be hitting up a couple DIY vendors for sponsorship, too.

The contests will be Single Pedal Builds, Multi-Pedal Builds and Non-Pedal (but music related) DIY builds.

If you want to sponsor please feel free to post here, PM me or email me. If you want your prize to go in a specific contest let me know that as well. I only ask that your prize be specific - like an actual GC dollar amount or specific items you will give away, etc. That's important when it comes to winners selecting which prize they want. And, you are free to enter any or all of the contests even if you sponsor a prize.

flanagan0718

I'd be happy to sponsor a prize! Probably $25 to the MBP store or something similar too that.
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBK

Please please please someone offer up painting, labeling, and clearcoating services as a prize.  Really, just about anything related to successfully finishing a pedal would be excellent.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Bio77

Quote from: EBK on November 01, 2019, 10:26:08 AM
Please please please someone offer up painting, labeling, and clearcoating services as a prize.  Really, just about anything related to successfully finishing a pedal would be excellent.

Finally, something I can do!  ::) I will offer one labeled and drilled Tayda enclosure for the project of your choice.  Graphic design based on input from the winner with one iteration of edits.

m-Kresol

I have a handful of (I think about 12) 1590LB headphone amp boards (http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=30084.msg290691#msg290691) to give away. these could be like a consolation prize that I'd like to offer.

Also, like I did 2 years ago, I'll offer a custom PCB design for a project of your choice for 125B or smaller. the winner has to provide the schematic and can choose the dimensions, pot and jack positions, extra pads etc. I will order 1 batch of boards at oshpark or elecrow to your doorstep, whichever is the cheaper option. However, no guarantees on a 100% working effect (I have a high success rate though)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jkokura

I have a some prizes to offer up as usual Brian. Count me in.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

PMowdes2

Dino and I will pitch in $25 store credit from Deadendfx.
DeadEndFX

jjjimi84

Quote from: EBK on November 01, 2019, 10:26:08 AM

I would be more than happy to paint and epoxy a pedal for anybody that would want it.

storyboardist

I'm happy to sponsor a $25 gift certificate to my store.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

gtr2

I'm in, $25 gift card/credit and free shipping USA or international.
Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

gordo

Wow, there isn't a sno-ball's chance in hell I'd win anything but it's very cool to see everyone stepping up to the plate.  I love this place.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

timbo_93631

Broadcaster Tele pickup set with a 7k3 neck and two-speed bridge pickup, taps at 9k5 and 13k, both wound with 43awg plain enamel wire and raw nickel silver neck pup cover.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jimilee

Quote from: timbo_93631 on November 13, 2019, 08:08:11 AM
Broadcaster Tele pickup set with a 7k3 neck and two-speed bridge pickup, taps at 9k5 and 13k, both wound with 43awg plain enamel wire and raw nickel silver neck pup cover.
Daaammmn imma get this build started then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aion

I can chip in an L5 Preamp PCB, enclosure and logo nameplate. I just got a restock of the enclosures a few days ago so I will set one of them aside!

madbean

Quote from: timbo_93631 on November 13, 2019, 08:08:11 AM

Well I was just going to enter for fun and not have any votes for me count but now I might get in this for real!

Really, all these prizes are sounding great! I'm looking forward to it. Plus, the end of the year PIF parade. I have much to give away.