News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big Cheese Ball

Started by madbean, November 05, 2019, 07:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

I needed a bit of distraction the last few days so I allowed myself to do something fun and just for me. Hence, the Sacred Cow - a Big Cheese/Cheeseball fuzzorama.

This thing sounds pretty wicked. First time building one. I made two mistakes on the design. 1) The rotary switch was supposed to attach via straight pin headers but I put the pins about 1mm or so too close so I had to wire it. 2) I forgot to connect the C & E pins of the 2n3904 for the weirdo clipping this thing has. Both were easy fixes. Overall it sounds delicious. Lots of fuzz to wall of fuzz. Too much output, so I think I will swap the volume pot for 100kA to get a little more in-line resistance and tame it. Otherwise definitely a worthy build.

I won't be selling these. But, don't be surprised if this shows up as a future giveaway board.

I will give away two of the spares I have right now. If you are in the US, post here and I will send you one. Just two to give away for now, though. So don't keep posting after the two are gone asking for another one, haha. I know you guys will anyway, though, so it's all good.

Kudos to Dan Coggins on his most excellent fuzzball.

matmosphere

Does DPO count as in the US?

benny_profane

I'm down for one. Seems like a fun build. Hope the distraction has helped through this rough time, Brian.

madbean

matmosphere

chongmagic

I'd be down to build one, if you have one left?

mjg

I like the label for the rotary switch.  :D

flanagan0718

Perfection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk