News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Secret Sauce GOLD edition

Started by Leevibe, November 09, 2019, 04:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

The one I built myself got enough favorable reactions that I decided to do a little run of 5 of these. I'm glad I was able to buy these cases before PPP upped the minimum order.

I thought it would be fun to do a couple in gold instead of the chrome look, so, here it is! This uses the same process I used on the original one. It involves laser printing the graphic to acetate, then using a cheap laminator to bond the metallic film to the toner. It gets stuck down to the enclosure using UV cure resin and then ET is poured over the top. It takes patience to get it all to work right but it looks nice. I haven't been able to get a picture yet that can capture the depth and shine but it's really sweet looking.

Stomptown and Jubal81 did the schematic and layout for this. I think it's a really nice board. It features the 1776 Finish Line relay circuit onboard. Thanks for letting me use this Josh. It makes it so sweet! This pedal feels like a community effort. It's great to be part of the MB ecosystem.

nzCdog

That's purdy!  The gold looks really impressive

pickdropper

Nice looking build.

If it's the relay switching, is it safe to assume that it's true wireless and not buffered bypass?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Leevibe

Thanks guys!

Quote from: pickdropper on November 09, 2019, 07:15:52 PM
If it's the relay switching, is it safe to assume that it's true wireless and not buffered bypass?

I wanted to keep it buffered to keep it as close to original as possible.

EBK

I was going to say that I think I ever so slightly prefer the chrome label version, but, then I started thinking some more:

Doesn't BLMS sell a gold stomp switch?
And, I know I've seen gold jacks somewhere else.  Those might push this over the edge to unbeatable. 

Edit: just noticed the relay switching.  No gold soft touch stomps available, as far as I know.  Still, this does look fantastic as is.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Leevibe

Quote from: EBK on November 10, 2019, 06:20:56 AM
I was going to say that I think I ever so slightly prefer the chrome label version, but, then I started thinking some more:

Doesn't BLMS sell a gold stomp switch?
And, I know I've seen gold jacks somewhere else.  Those might push this over the edge to unbeatable. 

Edit: just noticed the relay switching.  No gold soft touch stomps available, as far as I know.  Still, this does look fantastic as is.

You're right though. If you're going to go with gold, go all the way. I'm sure a gold stomp would look sweet on this one.

LaceSensor

Bret608

Looks stunning! And that layout...I think ecosystem is truly the right word for what goes on here!