News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PCBs

Started by ddj3891, November 09, 2019, 08:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddj3891

I think that Madbean has the best quality PCBs out there.  I'm curious: What program do you use to design your cicuits and who does Madbean  get to make the PCBs. 
I'm an amateur who is just now trying to figure out Eagle, but I'd like to get one of my simple circuits on a legit PCB instead of my usual perf board.  Any advice is welcome.

HamSandwich

Can't speak for Maddbean (I always assumed Eagle since he provides Eagle libraries), and you didn't ask for it, but I use EAGLE and OSHPark to print them. You can use OSH's eagle design rules, you don't have to deal with whatever the f a gerber is. It's easy peasy.

alanp

I use an old non-subscription version of Eagle, with their old Hobbyist license.

I get mine fabbed at Seeedstudio, Brian uses a different fab house, I'm pretty certain.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

storyboardist

Pretty sure Brian uses Elecrow. I've used them a lot as well for my boards. A lot of people I know have been using JLC PCB with very good results.
Guy behind Effects Layouts

Lubdar

Been using Diptrace and OshPark; another forum member posted how to videos of them on youtube, and its been a great learning experience over time.
I'm still learning how to design better and how to work with the software.

Best,
   Bradford
(--c^.^)--c