News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Single knob pedals

Started by Adam_DIY, November 11, 2019, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

So I have an enclosure I really like but have repurposed the effect into a multi.  What can I put in there instead?  The labelling is nonsensical so that wont affect what goes in there and it can only have 1 control as it's covered in envirotex so drilling more holes is out.

My only veto is fuzz I'm just not a fuzz guy so it would be wasted on me.  So apart from fuzz what circuit should I put in there?

Almost forgot it's a 1590B

flanagan0718

You could do a:

Boost
Little angel chorus
Single knob delay
Phase 45 or 90
Compressor

Any of those might be cool.
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

somnif

I'm rather fond of my SHO, so long as you don't need to adjust it on the fly its great.

The Alcapulco Gold is a somewhat crunchy overdrive/boost thing, if you want some more dirt options.

The Phase 90 is a classic, if you don't mind mortgaging a kidney to get a matched set of JFETs (of course you could do any phaser in 1-knob style, but that's up to you)

The orange squeezer is subtle but tasty if you want some classic old school compression fun (or misbias the hell out of it and it becomes a very odd little dirty boost)

The small clone and little angel choruses are both designed as single knob'd, depending on your preferences there

flanagan0718

Quote from: somnif on November 11, 2019, 04:07:45 PM
The Alcapulco Gold is a somewhat crunchy overdrive/boost thing, if you want some more dirt options.

The Phase 90 is a classic, if you don't mind mortgaging a kidney to get a matched set of JFETs (of course you could do any phaser in 1-knob style, but that's up to you)

Both of these are really great options I forgot about the gold. Also I probably have a matched set of transistors for that phase if you need them. No kidney needed ;-)
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan.schumaker

I have a bunch of single-knobs that might work for you.  They all have switches, but if you are looking to fill a hole, you can always hardwire it in one setting.  I think that a one-knob vibe or chorus would be pretty cool there.

Message me if you want any more info on any of the circuits!

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=29717.msg287725#msg287725

matmosphere

If you have a stepping bit you can drill through envirotex.

But there's a lot of good options mentioned here.

Willybomb

The Little Angel is a two knob job....

alanp

1776 Rub-a-Dub! One knob reverb.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Concentric pots for more fun? :D

SirEgno

My suggestion is whatever effect keeping only one knob and all other controls fixed or with trimmers.
Maybe a RAT with gain and filter at 100% and only the output outside. For some heavy drones.

matmosphere

The Jawari is a super cool project. Some might consider it a fuzz but I think it's it's own thing

Adam_DIY

Some good ideas here thanks chaps.  Im leaning towards a phase 90 I think.  There was a boost in there originally but Im building a multi boost pedal and putting them all in one box to save me swooping them on my board all the time.

I've just finished a rub a dub and have a penny royal chorus in the build pile so I don't think they're what I'm after either.  Compressors are out because I can't use the damn things, that's the one type of pedal that sounds good to me when other people use them but terrible when I try.

storyboardist

My go to one-knob, non-fuzz, is the Speaker Cranker. Yes, just another Electra, but it always sounds good.
Guy behind Effects Layouts