News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Overdrive Builds

Started by dan.schumaker, November 13, 2019, 07:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan.schumaker

So in taking a small break from my normal 1590A builds, I've been working on a few dual OD style builds (don't worry, I have plenty more 1590A madness to share).  Here is what I've been working on the last few weeks:

Black Moon - This is based on another one of TGP's flavor of the week pedals.  You already know what it is.  Its an octave circuit into a Rat with clipping options, and a boost on the end.  I wasn't thinking I would like it that much, but this is pretty cool.  Being able to blend in the octave really allows you to dial in how much nasty you want in the signal, and I like having the 4 clipping options.

Raging Bull - This is a Klon into a Bluesbreaker.  I really like this combination.  Having the Klon in front of the Bluesbreaker really gives it a new character to its breakup.

Overload Dual - This is two Dumbloid circuits in one box.  Its a nice sounding OD, and I saved myself about $750  ;D

Dragon Claw - This is a Menatone Red Snapper and Blue collar in one box (like their Fish Factory pedal).  Two similar yet different overdrives give you some cool possibilities.

jimilee

Those are excellent. It's like you moved from a studio apartment to a condo. All that extra space!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

They look great! Did you deign the PCBs too?  Love the graphics :)

dan.schumaker

Quote from: nzCdog on November 13, 2019, 11:42:13 AM
They look great! Did you deign the PCBs too?  Love the graphics :)

Yep!  The PCB's are all my design

cooder

Most excellent inside out and I dig the onboard relay bypass, right down my alley!
Any pcbs for sale on those? Cheers!
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Totally diggin the Dragon Claw!!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

dan.schumaker

Quote from: cooder on November 13, 2019, 04:45:17 PM
Most excellent inside out and I dig the onboard relay bypass, right down my alley!
Any pcbs for sale on those? Cheers!

I could make a few of these available, PM me.  Also, a few of these will be a Schu-Tone BOTY contest prize.