News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tragedy at home

Started by madbean, November 03, 2019, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Thanks again, guys. The pictures and nice words are helping a lot. I'm just surprised by how much this has flattened me. My wife and I have been together for almost 20 years and this makes the 14th pet we've lost, believe it or not. So, I know the grieving process all too well. I think it's mostly the shock that's new. With all our other fellas it was always obvious it was time to let them go. Disease, lack of quality of life, no meaningful path for improvement, etc. It sucks but you do what's right for them. With Buckely he just kept living and living, haha. Almost never any problems except for these seizures. We were ready for him to go, just not scared, alone and in pain. That's the part that's really screwing with me. I'm a real emotionally stoic bastard but when it comes to my dogs I'll cry my eyes out and I don't care who sees it.

Anyway, I'll be fine. Time really is the key element here. In the meantime, I'm getting back on the ball today.

nzCdog

Dude.  So sorry to hear  :'(

Bio77

That really sucks, so sorry for your loss.

rockola

Sorry for your loss, Brian. Here's a pic of me jamming with Rommel long ago. She's long gone, but not forgotten.

cooder

Oh man so sorry to hear... I'm just back from an extended tour and absence from forum to find this post.
Gut-wrenching stuff. They grow so close and are family, those lovely critters.

Here's our Phoebe.

BigNoise Amplification

timbo_93631

I'm sorry Brian, accidents are my worst fear with 7 kiddos now.  There are no words man.  Here's Bud Jr, he just had a brush with death, bad virus (maybe Parvo), but bounced back after a week at the vet:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

TNblueshawk

Oh man, so sorry Brian. Devastating I know.

The pic below was our Natalie for 13 years. The pic was taken on Sept 25 when she was sick and on Sept 29 after 2 days in the vet ER we had to make the call on her due some type of lung infection they couldn't figure out. Typing this right now make my eyes well up and sadness comes over me. I still need more time I guess. Hang in there as like you said time is the only way to lessen the sadness.

John

peterc

So sorry to hear that Brian, pets are so valuable and trusting...

The one and only Biggles, left us at the age of 23.

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

sonnyboy27

That's crushing to hear. Praying for you guys.

Here's a pic of my little guy Lando. He's 8 months and has a minor heart condition but he loves being around people more than anything so it doesn't slow him down.

selfdestroyer

That is terrible new Brian, I am so sorry for your loss.

So many great critter pictures here!

Here is out latest addition to our house.. We got her at 3 months old...Named her Luna.