News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Psuedacris (Pork Barrel 2019)

Started by Aleph Null, November 14, 2019, 07:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph Null

I built this with an MN3207 that I had left over from a flanger build. I originally ran the wires form the jacks to the switch directly under the board. This resulted in prominent ticking. I rerouted the wires along the left wall of the enclosure and the ticking went away completely

I drew the frog by hand in pencil, then scanned it and touched it up in Gimp. The lettering is my engineer's print that I scanned and cleaned up as well.

If you look closely, you can see where I burned through the powder coat while polishing the clear coat. I've done this on enough builds that I'll be experimenting with refinements to my finishing process. I hate paying extra for a powder-coated enclosure and then distressing it.

I may increase the speed of the LFO some day, but I actually think slower rates suite this waveform (triangle?) better than they would a traditional vibrato. Vibrato mode yields more of a "warped vinyl" sound than a traditional vibrato sound. On the whole, I'd say the "Mix" control does make the effect more versatile; you can use high rate and depth and dial back the mix to avoid the sea sick sounds.

selfdestroyer

Super clean! I really like the handmade details like the art and text. Great job!

Aleph Null

Quote from: selfdestroyer on November 17, 2019, 07:55:53 PM
Super clean! I really like the handmade details like the art and text. Great job!

Thanks! I haven't drawn in forever. I almost forgot I could.