News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help installing an LED & 3PDT Switch on Trill Tremolo

Started by apuff41, November 19, 2019, 10:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apuff41

Hi all,

I recently bought a pre wired LED(from Love my Switches) and a 3PDT switch to install on my MOD Trill Tremolo pedal. I wanted to see if you guys happen to know what exactly I need to to in order to install the LED. I never installed an LED on a pedal that never hand one before, so any advice\tips would be appreciated. This is my first DIY pedal so I do not want to screw it up too much,lol.

Cheers!

mjg

Are you using some sort of small PCB to solder the 3PDT switch onto, or do you want to just hook it up with some wire?

(Either is fine, but you will need different advice depending on that choice)

It looks like the pre wired LEDs have a current limiting resistor already built in, so you won't have to worry about that part of your hookup. 

apuff41

mjg

I'd recommend this PDF http://www.madbeanpedals.com/tutorials/downloads/MBP_FootswitchWiring.pdf

I think the usual way to wire switches is on about page 8 or so, but it's worth reading it all to understand how it works. 

Only difference will be that you have a resistor and LED in one, so take that into account when following the diagram, you don't need to add another resistor. 

apuff41