News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Power Supply Units (PSU) and Pedalboards

Started by benny_profane, November 22, 2019, 08:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

Quote from: pickdropper on November 22, 2019, 04:28:36 PM
I've been pleased with the TruTone CS6 on my Nano+ board.  I may try one of their bigger supplies.  That said, I also have not had any issues with the following:

Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2+ (I have three of these)
Voodoo Labs Mondo
Cioks Adam
MXR MC403
BBE Supa Charger

How are you liking that CS6? I've been eyeing that one for a while. There's a lot of versatility there in a tiny package. My board is bigger but I honestly think it would cover all my bases and I really like the form factor.

Aentons

I opened the P3 distribution box up and there doesn't seem to be a lot going on. Is this any better than a daisy chain?

Aentons

benny_profane

Quote from: Aentons on January 14, 2020, 01:41:23 PM
I opened the P3 distribution box up and there doesn't seem to be a lot going on. Is this any better than a daisy chain?

It's decoupled at least? Otherwise, I'd think no, it's not any better.

benny_profane

I picked up the CS12 and am pretty happy with it so far. The only issue I'm experiencing is that the included power cables don't seem to work reliably with lumberg dc jacks. Has anyone else had that issue? What're some better choices for cables if that's a regular thing here?

Aentons

If you are using the smallbear jacks (SKU:0611G) like this, they are pretty terrible. I've had all 4 that I ordered go intermittent and then just stop working.

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/dc-power-jack-all-plastic-unswitched-2-1-mm/

benny_profane

Quote from: Aentons on January 15, 2020, 09:24:56 AM
If you are using the smallbear jacks (SKU:0611G) like this, they are pretty terrible. I've had all 4 that I ordered go intermittent and then just stop working.

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/dc-power-jack-all-plastic-unswitched-2-1-mm/
Yeah, those are among the ones I'm using. Sometimes the barrel has to be rotated to work correctly. With an old daisy chain cable, I never had issues with connections (barring the occasional rotation), but with the OneSpot cables, some cannot make a connection at all.