News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2015 Cavedweeler etch layout?

Started by spilla, November 23, 2019, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spilla

Is there a etch layout for the 2015 version of the Cavedweller? Would love a link to it if so.

I plan to make the Cavedweller (2012) as my next project but from all the things ive read everyone seems to really like the 2015 version. Or are there any other projects that have distorted/darker repeats?

I made a deep blue delay clone (effectsblogspot layout) that had some really cool sounding distorted repeats when the controls were near max settings. Unfortunately i ruined the board trying to fix an error (that layout didnt mention the pin 3+4 ground issue with the 2399). Since then ive been on the lookout for a delay that could come close to that. I've tried making that same circuit again but haven't been able to capture that magic. I think that particular 2399 i was using the main reason it was distorting, unfortunately i broke its legs when trying to find the pin/ground error. 

Thanks!

madbean

There is not an etchable layout but I'd actually be happy to make one and put it in the Etcher's Paradise section. It won't be for 1590A, though. It will have to be a 1590B.

spilla

Man, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brain!

ps. While i have you i jsut want to say thanks for all the resources you have shared! After recently learning to etch this place is a gold mine!

madbean

Quote from: spilla on November 24, 2019, 02:51:07 PM
Man, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Brain!

ps. While i have you i jsut want to say thanks for all the resources you have shared! After recently learning to etch this place is a gold mine!

NP, my pleasure. I banged together a layout this afternoon while on break from cleaning the garage (haha) so I can have that up in a day or two. Since I had extra room I added a volume output trimmer and a fdbk trimmer to set the max repeats. I may put in a couple value changes to account for the added trimmers.

spilla

I look forward to the layout, cheers man! Now go finish the garage! lol

madbean

Okay, doc has been added to the project list on the Etcher's Paradise page (delay section).

spilla

Hell yeah, thanks man!

Just need to order some trimmers and i'll be making this asap. Ive got the 2012 almost fully populated, will be grabbing some parts for it today. Unfortunately Jaycar doesnt sell the trimmers i need for the 2015 so i'll have to order them online.

spilla

Just finished the 2012 version, man what a sound!

It does pretty much what the DBD i talked about in the OP but then makes it way more useful as the control give so much range. Cant wait to hear the dub version and the 2015. Cant have to may delays on the board can you? Well, im going to find out!

Wish i socketed a few of the parts so i could to try out some mods for it. I'll probably make another and play with it while im waiting on the other parts to turn up.

Thanks again Brian, this is one cool delay!

spilla

Built the 2015 version last night. Sounds great, can see why people like it so much. Next up is the 2012 dub version.

spilla

Edit: Wrong post, sorry for the bump.