News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3 'bean builds (SlapChop, Zombii & Neutrino)

Started by maysink, July 24, 2010, 03:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

The latest 3 from this addict! I quite like them all and each were relatively easy builds. The Fuzz Factory did take some fiddling before I got it under control and the SlapChop needs to have the gain cranked (or pushed w/ a booster) for the parametric eq/cocked-wah to sound blissful.

I think the only mod was subbing the FF's STAB pot with a 5KC. I may do the same with the SlapChop's Bandwidth pot as the part I like is mostly bunched up at the end of the 5KB pot's rotation.

SlapChop innards

Zombii innards (old ge trannys from caps n such)

Neutrino innards
[nothing to see here]
-e

lincolnic

Digging the clean and simple layouts (inside and out). Nice!

mjcyates

All look great! Especially like the Neutrino.

maysink

Thanks, guys. Up next is a mn3005 aquaboy + (the) aristocrat(s)! And then I'm going to work on my perpetual sunburn...
[nothing to see here]
-e

mjcyates

Word of caution on the MN3005 Aquaboy. I tried to build that version and could not get it to work. I ended up building the V3205 version.

pauloman80

Those are some great-looking builds, man.  And let me say, absolute genius mounting the Zombii's PCB with Velcro.  I don't think I ever would have thought of that.  That's just brilliant!  Simple and effective!
--------------------------------------------------
Regards,
pauloman80

maysink

Hey, mjcyates: what kind of issues did you have w/ the mn3005?

pauloman80: I usually just use 22 gauge, solid copper wire to 'hold' pcbs + elec. tape to insulate vs. accidental shorts but it wasn't working with the zombii board. Velcro to the rescue! Also used this trick for a kokbox build I did as I prefer top mounted power + I/O jacks over the traditional zvex layout.
[nothing to see here]
-e

mjcyates

QuoteHey, mjcyates: what kind of issues did you have w/ the mn3005?

I could never get a delay signal out of it. The guitar signal passed through the circuit but there was no delay. My brother-in-law was helping me with this one. He has a nice scope and we could see the signal going into the mn3005 chip but no delay coming out of it. We couldn't get it figured out so I just went the V3205 route and had no problems with it.