News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Giving thanks.

Started by madbean, November 27, 2019, 05:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Well, maybe it is cliched but nonetheless.

This thread is not about seeking praise. It's about giving it to those who deserve it - the ones that have helped you be who you are. It's an opportunity for you to give thanks to people that are special in your life. I will start.

Thanks to you. For being here, participating and making this community what it is. My job is to provide the framework, but you are the ones that make the community and make it special. I get so much inspiration from you guys it's kind of ridiculous. It makes me tear up a bit, even. Keep doing you, always.

Thanks to two of my mentors:
Terry Mattem: my guitar techer from 15-17 y.o. He taught me to play and even wrote a recommendation letter that helped me get into Berklee. I will always be indebted to him for his patience, inspiration and just being an awesome guy.
Faye Moskowitz: My middle school English teacher and counselor. She taught me that I needed to accept my own sense of self-worth but that did not entitle me to be an asshole. IOW, she taught me humility. It's been 35 years and I am still living that lesson.

My own family: whom always supported me even when I did not want to do so for myself.

Please contribute your own thanks if you feel the need. Trust me - it feels good to do it.

alanp

Thanks to Bean, for getting me going with this circuit malarkey, and to Jacob, for his Eagle tutorials. Those were what made me think, "I could do that!" when it comes to designing my own boards.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Cool thread.  There are so many people I'm truly thankful for!
My amazing extended family.  My loving parents and grandparents.  My precious wife and kiddies. The people along the way who gave me a shot, and took a risk with me. Many of my teachers in school who inspired and encouraged me.  My dear friends.   I'm really grateful to Jesus Christ... Really grateful.  On reflection, this life has been one crazy adventure that keeps getting wilder every year.  In the unknown, and in the difficulty I have faced, the tangible peace and encouragement I find in Jesus has carried me.  I feel like my life has a purpose... even tho I'm a total ass, I feel like my life is like a story being told, and that somehow by the end it will bring glory to Jesus... because he is kind to the undeserving who believe in him.  I'm really grateful for that.   By the end of writing these few lines, I'm actually feeling generally quite grateful haha... it's a good feeling.   :)

timbo_93631

All thanksgiving and praise be to Jesus Christ as well!  All the blessings in my life come from him.  He saw fit to give me a wife beyond compare, seven beautiful and wonderful kids, a fantastic brother, a sister who would move all the way across the US to be our neighbor two doors down and play a daily role in my kids' lives.  I'm thankful for the unconditional love of my pup Bud Jr, and my 29 chickens.  I'm thankful to work for myself and all facets of my job are interesting and mostly enjoyable!  I'm thankful for all the customers that have given my pickups a shot.  I'm thankful to have my health, and especially my eyesight after having an accident where I got superglue in my good eye!!!  I'm thankful to the countless number of contributors to forums like this, the ones that freely share knowledge and ideas, take time to help complete strangers debug things, or to offer encouragement, spur creativity, etc.  You guys here, the best bend in the wild river that is the internet. 
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jjjimi84

I am very thankful for my wife and son, they are a constant source of inspiration and love and support. My son is the light of my life and has truly shown me what unconditional love is and for that i am eternally grateful.

I am also thankful for everyone here, for every comment that gets posted to the amazing builds, to the incredibly amazing builds that blow me away. Everyone here is so talented and it is exciting to check this forum every morning.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and I hope it is a great one!

pickdropper

I'm thankful for family, friends and FR4.  ;-)
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

chromesphere

Hey bean, we should do a PIF party - 2019 xmas edition, i would certainly contribute some give aways as a way of saying thanks to this forum and everyone here.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube