News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rub-A-Dub that's been a long time coming

Started by Adam_DIY, December 05, 2019, 03:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam_DIY

So after asking for advice in this thread back in March 2017 about working with Tweed

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=25082.msg244350#msg244350

I've finally gotten my ass in gear and finished a tweed covered pedal.  I've recently gone back to an egnater tweaker and realised just how much I've missed one of these.  They're super cheap but just sound fantastic I genuinely don't know why I sold my old one.  The only thing which really bugs me with the tweaker is the lack of verb and thanks to John and Cleggy I had a rub-a-dub in my build pile.  I couldn't think what kind of finish I wanted so I finally had a go with the tweed and I think it turned out pretty good for a first effort.

This is a recycled enclosure which is why the pcb is upside down

Just tweed

First coat of shellac

Second coat - this was as dark as I wanted to go this time

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Adam_DIY

Thanks I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  It's a great sounding delay I defnitely prefer it to the rub-a-dub deluxe.

cooder

Classy and tweedy! Very nice! I dig the sound of the ol' Ru a Dub also best. Just spot on.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

I love everything about it.  How did you wrap the corners so clean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Adam_DIY

I found a pattern on the net for wrapping boxes in fabric and cut the tweed the same way then rolled the edges on the table to smooth them out.