News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fish Factory and Dinosaural

Started by gordo, December 07, 2019, 05:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordo

I've had this ridiculously large enclosure forever and was trying to come up with a combo I liked to go in it.  This is a match made in heaven.  Aion's Convex (Dinosaural OTC-201 Opticompressor), and Schu-Tone's Dragon Claw (Menatone Fish Factory).  I have a ton of overdrives, and compressors for that matter, and this is a really terrific pair of boards that really stand out from the crowd.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

cooder

Booom! Good things take time, well done and a super clean dirt box with a squeeze upfront. Nothin' fishy about that!
BigNoise Amplification

junkemail86

Great build.  The Blue Collar and Red Snapper have consistently on my board for years...
What do you think about the Convex?

gordo

I really like the Convex. It's very quiet and the mode switch is a cool touch to choose between comp-only and blend. I'm definitely in the opto group because the others I use all the time are the 4:1 and a clone of the Demeter.  I tend to not use extreme settings on all of them. If I'm playing a 12 string I'll use the Demeter (and would do the same with the Convex). If I'm doing some high gain stuff I'll use the 4:1.  I tend to tailor my board to whatever tunes we're playing that week.
Gordy Power

Bio77

Looks great!  Where is the bare wire from the output jack going?  Looks like it's soldered to the pot, like in a guitar.

gordo

It does kinda look like a bare wire there.  I've actually left the ground off and it's floating just above the pot case.  Optical delusion :-)
Gordy Power

peAk