News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gigahearts Doubel Ganger / Lovetone Doppelgänger

Started by Hexjibber, December 08, 2019, 01:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Finally got this built after having purchased the board in 2015! Where does the time go??

It's everything I hoped for from a phaser and more besides, love the range of sounds and LFO features! Almost had it boxed before I realised I had all the LEDs the wrong way round, d'oh! So glad I spotted that!

Etched with NaOH/Caustic/Lye and sprayed in metallic orange, really pleased with how the detail came out.

Pics;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

That is a box of perfection. Unbelievable workmanship inside and out. This should be in BOTY

Timko

If that's an etched enclosure then you did a fantastic job keeping the lines super clean. What did you use to etch?

That paint color is fire too!

m-Kresol

super clean etch and guts. I agree, this is a really superb phaser.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

Very very cool! I do love me some phasery goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

F'n spectecular all around! Cracking graphis, dig the doppelgaenger font and execution, fab etch!  8)
BigNoise Amplification

LaceSensor

Great to see these still being built
Congrats on the lovely execution

Invertiguy

That looks incredible! I love the color and the graphics and wiring are incredibly clean. Great work!
Doomsday Devices

peAk

I don't always comment on build reports, but when I do.....

Spectacular!!!

selfdestroyer

nzCdog

Aleph Null

Boss-level work! Looks fantastic inside and out.

Hexjibber

Thanks for the kind words everyone, really pleased with this one!  :D Struggling to find spare time to build at the moment due to young son so good to get something finished!

Quote from: Timko on December 08, 2019, 05:42:39 AM
If that's an etched enclosure then you did a fantastic job keeping the lines super clean. What did you use to etch?

That paint color is fire too!

I use caustic soda to etch, also referred to as lye or Sodium Hyrdoxide (NaOH), there's a link to my method in my sig if you're interested  :)