News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krypton Phaser

Started by Hefty, May 28, 2021, 02:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefty

I just finished a Krypton Phaser from Elemental FX sounds good  but get loud pop when I hit stomp switch.  I thought maybe I would try opto board and momentary switch but ended up still with pop on switching. Is this a common problem with this build or did I miss something?

jimilee

None of mine have a pop. I think I have 3 or 4 different ones including the duophase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hefty

any idea why I get the pop

Hefty

found my pop, I had the 3 legged LED just pushed into the pcb, trying to decide if I was going to install the led for the flashing effect. As soon as I soldered it in, pop went away. This is a nice sounding pedal. A fun one to build for sure.

jimilee

Quote from: Hefty on May 29, 2021, 05:14:58 PM
found my pop, I had the 3 legged LED just pushed into the pcb, trying to decide if I was going to install the led for the flashing effect. As soon as I soldered it in, pop went away. This is a nice sounding pedal. A fun one to build for sure.

Nice job. Enjoy!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Hefty

Thanks again for the quick help and replies