News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MadBean Collaboration Builds

Started by Bio77, December 13, 2019, 12:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

So, if you've been here awhile, you probably know, there are a lot of cool ass people on this forum.

I got some PCBs from jubal81 a few months ago, in various states of completeness and I wanted to post a few of the builds I have completed.  Typing up the build report I decided to make it a big post, adding in other builds I've received contributions from other forum members to be able to complete.

First up, Penyroyal Chorus.  Circuit was completed by jubal81, I just needed to add the pots and box it up. Enclosure is a no film decal on a Tayda box.  This is an insanely nice sounding chorus.  I have a newer Small Clone and this one blows it away. 

Bio77

Black Horse Effects Alalog Flanger.  Circuit was partially populated by jubal81, which explains the EQR caps (I started this hobby after those were all gone).  Enclosure is polished aluminum with a no film decal.

Bio77

Lectric-FX Countdown Phase.  Circuit finished by me, the artwork was created by gordo.  Enclosure is polished aluminum with a no-film decal.

Bio77

Drolo Liquid Mercury Phaser. Circuit completed by me.  Artwork created by m-Kresol.  The enclosure is no-film decal on a chrome powder-coated 125BB I got from Small Bear.  This is second time I've gotten this type of enclosure, I was excited both times and both times it was a lot of trouble.  I would not recommend these, the powder coat is very fragile.  You can see where some of the paint came off by the rate knob when I was cleaning with isopropanol.   
Edit: That sounded bitchy.  Nothing against Small Bear, I use them frequently, resect them, and love what they provide for this community. This particular item, I am not a fan.   

jjjimi84

Some really great work! I have got to get some of those decals, they look phenomenal.

gordo

Any one of those is BOTY worthy.  It's been inspiring watching you steadily step up your game.  Thanks for posting those.

Totally diggin Frank's eyes.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Leevibe

What a family! These are all sweet and a great testament to this community.

jimilee

Man, those are whoop ass! Nicely executed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Absolutely fab buils inside out! The no film decals look great and your persistence with them has paid of there, thanks for sharing your experiences with those too on the forum here! Sweet as!
BigNoise Amplification

Stomptown

Bio77

Thanks guys!  I'm so glad to have found this place, I derive a lot of inspiration here. 

Willybomb

I'm clearly going to have to try this no film decal stuff.

jubal81

Holy wow! You really Made those into something special. Decal work is impeccable!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

diablochris6

Great work. I really like the art on the drool phaser. I need to get mine built up!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials