Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ProphecySoundSystems Infinitephase / AlanP HeavyWater.v0.2

Started by LaceSensor, August 31, 2019, 05:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

That thing is hellacious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

digi2t

Validation build of the DEFX Definitphase is complete. Many thanks to Mike Both (again!) on this build, he fed me a ton of info. This is a fully loaded build, complete with;
- Sample/Hold
- Stereo output
- Footswitch LFO rate doubler
- Footswitch 4/8 stage select
- Expression pedal input jacks for Rate, Depth, and Range.
- Expression pedal input jack for Phase Center, which allows for direct phase control

The only major change we've made is to replace the quad set of red LED's for the LDR's, with a single 10mm green LED. We stole that page from the Spaceman phaser. Hence the name "Definitphase", 'cuz it'll be the last phaser you'll ever need. Needless to say, it sounds awesome.  :)

http://i.imgur.com/JvCB0mr.gifv

There were some minor fixes required on this (initial) set of boards, which corrected to get it operational. The order for the new corrected boards will be going out, and we should have them in a few weeks.

alanp

That is so grandly amazing :D The extra PCB is well worth the extra options!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

bcalla

Are these boards available?  I looked on the Dead End FX site & didn't see them.

digi2t

Quote from: alanp on December 28, 2019, 10:44:22 PM
That is so grandly amazing :D The extra PCB is well worth the extra options!

Thanks! The main purpose of the stacked boards is first and foremost noise control. When I originally did this on vero, I was getting a fairly bad LFO tick in the audio. Eventually, I managed to squelch it with a strategically placed cap. When Phil and I set to building a board set for this, we set out to keep the audio as far away from the LFO as possible, hence the dual boards. We find this method to be the most effective way to prevent LFO bleed. Everything LFO related on one board, everything audio on the other. On my vero, I added the S/H post build, on a separate board, so I didn't have any noise bleed. If you look at gut shots of an original unit, the S/H is on a separate board, and jumpered in. But, this board set, the S/H was designed onboard, and close enough to the audio that we were getting the 4093 ticking bleeding in. Thankfully, an extra cap on the output to the S/H rate LED, as well as a subtle reroute solved that. It's dead quiet.

Quote from: bcalla on December 29, 2019, 06:52:46 AM
Are these boards available?  I looked on the Dead End FX site & didn't see them.

Read the last line of my post.  ;)

jimilee

The last phaser I'll ever need? Challenge accepted.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

skyled

Quote from: jimilee on December 29, 2019, 07:36:51 AM
The last phaser I'll ever need? Challenge accepted.

You'll need to get 2 of them so you can have an Infinite-Biphase setup.