Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PIF Party, BOTY Contests and 2019 Wrap-Up

Started by madbean, December 18, 2019, 04:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

PIF Party: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=97.0
BOTY Contests: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?board=98.0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 Wrap-Up:
I'll be really brief this year. I had a 2-3 month lull over the summer but finished strong. I thought I might even have two releases this month but that was unrealistic. In any case, expect another sizeable release in January as I already have more projects ready to go.

Coming in 2020:
The "pro" series of projects will finally launch. Expect a lot of older projects to get discontinued as they get replaced with this new series. It's definitely time for house cleaning.
I hope to launch a few of the non-pedal table-top synth projects I started working on last year.
There will be 2-4 FV-1 projects, including a tube-based one and a stereo one.
VFE will be back in stock soon after Christmas. I may release a couple new VFE projects in 2020.
I really, really want to get my Microsynth proto done, too. It's been half working for half a year.

Finally, I hoped to announce this in November, but the scarcity of FV-1 really put the damper on. In 2020 I plan to do some limited run full pedals for sale on the site. These will be small batches of pedals I think are cool that I can build out in a reasonable time. The first one will be a larger version of the Dreamtime delay. I'll have some prototype pictures up soon. I don't expect DIY guys to be interested in these too much so I expect I'll do some low-key marketing to the pedal community to see if I can get any interest going.

That's all! I hope all of you are ready to start your holidays up proper!

madbean

I forgot:

I'm seriously considering migrating the mbp forum to a new format next year. smf has been fine, sometimes problematic, but not bad. But, it could be better. I really like the Xenforo one TGP is using. It costs a bit but that is something I can absorb into operating costs. What do you guys think of the TGP forum (not the content, the actual operation of it)?

flanagan0718

Thanks for the wrap up. You're always working on things and I for one appreciate all the time and effort you put into this wonderful place you built. The Pro series sounds fun! Also I would probably buy one of those small run pedals. I think it would be cool to own a hand made pedal by the person the kept me going all these years! I'll have to poke around on TGP for functionality purposes. Spicing things up a bit could be fun. Thanks again Brian!
-Mike-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

All that sounds fantastic man. I'd love to have another pedal built by the man to add to my collection. I've never been to TGP, so I am not able to comment on that, but what I can say is polyphase. It was a great year man. Thank you.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

madbean

Pic of the Dreamtime. It's dusty because it's been done for months!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Been a hell of a year. I'd buy a pedal just to have it and a micro synth would be fun.  I can see the marketing value of pedals to reign in some fresh faces though.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

alanp

Quote from: madbean on December 18, 2019, 04:34:46 PM
I'm seriously considering migrating the mbp forum to a new format next year. smf has been fine, sometimes problematic, but not bad. But, it could be better. I really like the Xenforo one TGP is using. It costs a bit but that is something I can absorb into operating costs. What do you guys think of the TGP forum (not the content, the actual operation of it)?

To be honest, I lean towards the school of thought that upgrading generally means swapping your known problems with your old version/software, for a set of exciting and new *unknown* problems with your new software.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on December 18, 2019, 08:38:08 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 18, 2019, 04:34:46 PM

To be honest, I lean towards the school of thought that upgrading generally means swapping your known problems with your old version/software, for a set of exciting and new *unknown* problems with your new software.
See! It's a win win!