News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

2-in-1 Ge Fuzz Face and Rangemaster build

Started by Blisterfingers, December 26, 2019, 03:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blisterfingers

Hi all,
Just completed this build using a Black Horse Effects 1968 Fuzz PCB (thanks to electricb for the board).
Fuzz Face side uses two Mullard OC77s and the Rangemaster uses a Mullard CV7005.

Graphics are a nod to analogman's SunLion and came from a one-month trial subscription to Adobe Stock.
This is my first pedal build in a few years and the first time using filmless decal paper (from sunnyscopa.com).
The knob labels are a little off centre - I must have nudged them in Illustrator without realising, but not going back for a re-do.

Very happy with the result - the Rangemaster masters range and the fuzz fuzzes as expected.
Next, a couple of 1590A builds in progress - a hipster and a rabbit hole. I may be developing a fuzz addiction!

TGP39

Really nice job.  I love the pcb's electricb puts out. Wiring is super tidy also.  Very impressive.   Keep them coming.
~Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

cooder

Super tidy and excellent all around! Decal came out spotless spiffin', did you have a hard time getting it right or did it work first time and what was your process? I still haven't gotten around to use the filmless one...
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Mine looks nowhere near as cool but I love this board.  I've been using a Line6 wireless setup so I can still stand in one spot and collect dust, which destroys this thing but if I run my rig with a cable and put this at the front it sounds amazing.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

mjcyates

Very nice! That board makes for a tidy build.

jimilee

Wow, that looks really great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

tcpoint

Very nice.  Mine has been waiting to get cased for quite some time.  I gave away my first one (had a weak moment).  Thanks for giving me the inspiration to finish mine up.

Blisterfingers

Quote from: cooder on December 26, 2019, 08:41:34 PM
Super tidy and excellent all around! Decal came out spotless spiffin', did you have a hard time getting it right or did it work first time and what was your process? I still haven't gotten around to use the filmless one...

The decal process took a couple of attempts to get right. Once applied it needs a short bake in the oven before removing the carrier film, then a wipe over with alcohol to clean up leftover glue, followed by another trip in the oven to harden the ink.

I followed the instructions at Sunnyscopa's website but went for the higher end of time and temperature, and didn't squeegee out all of the air bubbles properly, so it crackled and looked awful.  I then made the mistake of following the instructions to remove with acetone but forgot that acetone also dissolves powder coating  >:(.

So cue a fresh enclosure, a bit more care, and lower oven temperatures and it came out really well. I've since completed two 1590A pedals and the results were just as good.

Thanks to all for the comments and encouragement. More builds on the way!

Aleph Null

sjaustin

Looks fantastic. Do you have a link for where to find that PCB by any chance?

Blisterfingers

Quote from: sjaustin on January 02, 2020, 08:11:13 AM
Looks fantastic. Do you have a link for where to find that PCB by any chance?
Send a PM to electricb on this forum - he may still have some available