News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Deluxe questions

Started by TNblueshawk, December 31, 2019, 01:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

1. Is there a work alike transistor for the BS250p? Literally the only thing I need is that and just ordering that from Mouser will be an expensive transistor.
2. How important is the 1/4 ratings on those 5 resistors? I do have some 1/4 watt stuff but not those values.
John

madbean

I picked the 250p because the voltage drop across it very low and it offer good reverse polarity protection. But, you could just sub in a 1n5817 in its place. Anode to 9v cathode to D1. Omit R56.

Of the 1/4W resistors, the 22R and 100R are preferred since they are handling the power. The others can be 1/8W if that's what you have.

TNblueshawk

Thanks Brian. I may see if someone wants to trade anything and pick it up that way. Yeah, all I have in those values are 1/8W so I'll see if anyone has some of those too and hopefully they need some stuff I might have.
John

madbean

I can mail you the BS250 and 1/4W resistors. You still in Nash?

TNblueshawk

Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2019, 02:57:15 PM

Holy Moly. That would be great. Yep, still am, technically in Hermitage. I just ordered a board from you yesterday I think.

Are you running low or out of anything? I'm sure your stash is mucho greater than mine but maybe you are needing something?
John

madbean

Quote from: TNblueshawk on December 31, 2019, 03:52:04 PM
Quote from: madbean on December 31, 2019, 02:57:15 PM

Holy Moly. That would be great. Yep, still am, technically in Hermitage. I just ordered a board from you yesterday I think.

Are you running low or out of anything? I'm sure your stash is mucho greater than mine but maybe you are needing something?

Nah I'm good. Don't give it another thought.

TNblueshawk

Much appreciated Brian. I'll do my best to make your circuit look proud  :)
John

TNblueshawk

So I think I'll just go ahead an embarrass myself right here because well, I deserve it. When you get my age, 56, your mind just doesn't work right. Brian, I don't need those resistors but I do still need the transistor. I was thinking in terms of 1/4W and 1/2W. I have plenty of 1/4W resistors. Sorry Brian  :-[ :-[ :-[
John

madbean

Well I already put them in the bag so don't worry about it. I only have 20 thousand more resistors.