News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming January releases and sale

Started by madbean, January 05, 2020, 07:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matmosphere

Quote from: dawson on January 09, 2020, 09:11:05 AM
Tap tempo phasers among 30 other projects??  This is going to make it quite impossible to finalize my pedalboard anytime soon..

You make that sound like a bad thing

Betty Wont

Tap tempo phasers among 30 other projects??  This is going to make it quite impossible to finalize my pedalboard anytime soon..
Pedalboards can be finalized?! I had no idea!

dawson

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 09, 2020, 09:39:31 AM
You make that sound like a bad thing
Sarcasm, mainly, but this guitar effect building thing is making it harder and harder to remember what it feels like to be content with my setup, not to mention the heartbreak of taking a trusty old box out of the chain to make room for the new: with all the yang of these new and upcoming projects, there must be some yin.

Quote from: Torgoslayer on January 09, 2020, 10:27:07 AM
It is indeed rare, but I did it two years ago.  It lasted three weeks or so without changes.
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

madbean

Quote from: Torgoslayer on January 09, 2020, 10:27:07 AM

I hope so. I haven't even started to build my mega board yet!

dawson

Quote from: madbean on January 09, 2020, 05:57:43 PM

Are you going to try for a new Guinness World Record?

madbean

Quote from: dawson on January 09, 2020, 06:01:23 PM
Quote from: madbean on January 09, 2020, 05:57:43 PM

Are you going to try for a new Guinness World Record?

Honestly, I'm a bit embarrassed by the board I was planning to put together. It just feels like too much. I'm tempted to go another route and simplify. The f'n thing has like 4 synth style pedals!

dawson

Quote from: madbean on January 09, 2020, 07:01:47 PM
Honestly, I'm a bit embarrassed by the board I was planning to put together. It just feels like too much. I'm tempted to go another route and simplify. The f'n thing has like 4 synth style pedals!

As a guitar player in a little around town rock group I understand the embarrassment that comes along with showing up to a bar on a Wednesday with a 60lb pedal board to play a 45 minute set for $14 worth of IPA- so if the board in question is going to get similar use, say no more, however, owning and operating MBP gets you a bit more clout around here than I get down at the ol' saloon, so I think you should go for it, using as many synth pedals as you feel necessary.

madbean

Oh, man. The Florist chorus is sounding like a whole lot of alright. I can't wait for you guys to hear it. I'm going to have to work on some new demo videos.

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on January 10, 2020, 05:31:59 PM
Oh, man. The Florist chorus is sounding like a whole lot of alright. I can't wait for you guys to hear it. I'm going to have to work on some new demo videos.

I can't ...just....where's the bathroom, I can hardly contain myself....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

I was trying to guess what circuit it was based on this afternoon.  My first guess was a 5 knob small clone, but you're one chip short.  Not sure if I want you to tell us or wait for reveal.

madbean

Quote from: Bio77 on January 10, 2020, 08:29:37 PM
I was trying to guess what circuit it was based on this afternoon.  My first guess was a 5 knob small clone, but you're one chip short.  Not sure if I want you to tell us or wait for reveal.

Oh, it's no secret. I started with the basic Little Angel design and just piled on some stuff no one has done with it. The main added features are a width control (for adding throb to the LFO), an interesting feedback control (I forget where I pulled this from but maybe it was a flanger design), a blend control for dialing in chorus to vibrato and running the PT2399 at a slightly higher voltage. It all comes together and sounds pretty cool. You can get some really fun "steel drum" type sounds (or maybe weird plate reverb?) out of it at extreme settings. PT2399 chorus is not as lush sounding as a BBD based one but it's a righteous enough effect on its own. It would be interesting to port this design to a BBD version at some point.

Philthy

madbean, can you elaborate on what "multiple" enclosure sizes means  for the 2020 Slow Loris and Mudbunny?

mattc

Quote from: Philthy on January 13, 2020, 03:36:29 PM
madbean, can you elaborate on what "multiple" enclosure sizes means  for the 2020 Slow Loris and Mudbunny?

There are drill templates for several sizes of enclosures.   For the GreenBean, there are three options.

matmosphere

He has had both 1590a and 1590b/125b boards for both pedals for a couple years. I'm guessing maybe 2 different boards for each

benny_profane

Quote from: Matmosphere on January 13, 2020, 03:47:29 PM

He has had both 1590a and 1590b/125b boards for both pedals for a couple years. I'm guessing maybe 2 different boards for each

Check the other projects listed as 'multiple' — there are drill patterns for 1590b, 1590b2, and 125b.