Main Menu

11.14 - Update on shipping

Started by madbean, November 14, 2011, 06:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Wow!  Awesome boards, and awesome docs! 
Sooo much GAS! :o

plesur

These new docs are fantastic. I really like the notes. Can't wait to get started.

Just placed an order with Smallbear for what I hope are the last few parts I need to build the Dirtbag, Current Lover and HoneyDripper. Fingers crossed I haven't forgotten anything, there always seems to be something that slips through the net, no matter how thorough I think I'm being. I've got quite a few projects sitting there waiting for just one capacitor, resistor, pot, diode ...  :P

LaceSensor

My Boards arrived today, thanks Bean.
Cant wait to have a DMM and DEM built up.

You da man

Got a few other things on the boil first
Way Huge Aqua Puss and the Grean Bean, but I reckon I wont hold out for more than a week before I get them all cooking.

Usual quality as expected (i.e. the best)

juansolo

Mr B. I was wondering if you had any update on the Retrograde and the other boards down for Nov?
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

andersom

Boards arrived in Holland today. Looking good  :)

madbean

Quote from: juansolo on November 25, 2011, 11:33:34 PM
Mr B. I was wondering if you had any update on the Retrograde and the other boards down for Nov?

There won't be any other releases for Nov, but I will update the website for a modified release schedule. The only constraint I have now in putting out 8-10 projects in Dec. is figuring out what my budget is. I'll see about getting the Retrograde in the next batch....need to figure out exactly what is ready to go.

Scruffie

Can we (I) possibly see the overlay/ silkscreen for the Collosalus?
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

Scruffie

Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

That's the thing I am considering for a revision...basically why I did not release it with the last batch. It's working pretty but a bit on the noisy side.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on November 26, 2011, 03:59:09 PM
That's the thing I am considering for a revision...basically why I did not release it with the last batch. It's working pretty but a bit on the noisy side.
Well a buffer wont reduce the nosie but to get it in to the original clock range specs, it's gunna need a buffer.

Is it also 3007 only? I see what I assume is a charge pump and the regulator on there (very cool by the way, definitley keep that in) but no jumpers.

May be add the buffer and re-fit for a 1590BB like the original? We already have the Electric Mistress for the 125B and I assume with the addition of a buffer you'll have to re-do the board to an extent that requires a second prototype any way.

More spacing may also help to reduce that noise, although I think the fact that this is a more intense flanger than the Electric Mistress, but without the noise reduction of say the A/DA, may explain it.
Works at Lectric-FX

madbean

That's pretty much where I was going. This one will be MN3007 only, as you pointed out. The extra IC also means a 125B is going to be quite hard. So, I think a complete re-design as you mention is what has to happen.

Here is the revised schematic. I basically copied the 4049 buffer over from the Current Lover. Let me know what you think.

insomniac2295

these new docs are impressive comprehensive! awesome work, now stop raising the bar for yourself!  :P

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on November 26, 2011, 05:50:41 PM
That's pretty much where I was going. This one will be MN3007 only, as you pointed out. The extra IC also means a 125B is going to be quite hard. So, I think a complete re-design as you mention is what has to happen.

Here is the revised schematic. I basically copied the 4049 buffer over from the Current Lover. Let me know what you think.

I think with the Charge Pump on board, it'll be nice to have this as a dedicated 3007 Flanger and with a larger enclosure, it can be a 15V Flanger with a Battery! Sounds cool to me.

From reading around, things on this do get a bit noisy so i'd take it as normal.

Schematic Looks good to me, one small suggestion, Send & Return pads, I think the 117 is pretty much the perfect candidate for TZF because of its intense sound.

What do you think of releasing a Delay add on PCB as there's two flangers out now? Don't imagine it'd have to be huge and it would have the added benefit of being a stand alone 'Thickener' circuit. I suppose the demand might not be huge though... or you could put it all on one board in a 1590BB...  :P

And this -
Quote from: insomniac2295 on November 27, 2011, 03:24:55 PM
these new docs are impressive comprehensive! awesome work, now stop raising the bar for yourself!  :P
Got my Dirt Bag PCB a day or two back, looks god damn awesome, I think I might end up building more than one.
Works at Lectric-FX

ramengo

i madbean,
i'm an italian man..
How long should I wait for the package? do you have an estimate of the time?

thanks madbean!