News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Raygun Youth & Arcadiator

Started by TheDude, January 11, 2020, 09:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

With the first of 3 posts sharing a handful of builds I've completed over the last month, here are my builds of Parasit Studio's Raygun Youth and Arcadiator.

The Raygun Youth is a super fun pedal to mess around with. Had some troubles when I first boxed it up that I just couldn't figure out. Plug it in, and it would scream. Turns out I wired up the jocks backwards....derp. Fixed it and this guy runs like a champ. Built completely to stock specs. Definitely one of those pedals that I don't know how to put to good use, but will be kept around for a long time to mess around with. Aesthetically this build joins my U-235 Suboctave Generator and Green Russian Mudbunny in my Atompunk/Dieselpunk theme.

And second we have the Arcadiator. Also built to stock, this is another fun pedal that I'm not certain where I'll be using it, other than for messing around with video game theme songs, and maybe Popcorn as well. The enclosure design is pretty self explanatory in terms of font and color choices. Frankly, I rushed this one a bit graphically, as it could have been so much more, but it is what it is. The part I am happy with is that it came out looking worn like an old arcade game.

I have 5 more completed pedals I'll be posting over the next few days on top of these. Beyond that my next probably two years are filled up in terms of pedal building. The next phase consists of populating 18 of the 23 boards I have right now, possibly all 23 over the course of next year before using the winter break again to box them all up. At that point my reserves of boards will be emptied, allowing me to focus exclusively on building my ideal pedalboard before returning to building whatever piques my interest. Gonna be a busy, exciting 2020 and beyond!
The dude abides

mjg

Cool, good job.  The Parasit Studio builds are always fun to play.  :)

TheDude

Quote from: mjg on January 11, 2020, 10:31:32 PM
Cool, good job.  The Parasit Studio builds are always fun to play.  :)
Much appreciated! I agree, they really are. I kinda want to build a board of exclusively Parasit stuff as I think it would be great for a specific project.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides