News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hey kids, you ever seen a real Muff up close before?

Started by TheDude, January 13, 2020, 10:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDude

Quote from: jimilee on January 15, 2020, 06:51:07 PM
Have you heard the fuzz factory, it makes crazy noises. I've built several on vero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have! I actually built a JMK 5-Knob fuzz, though I haven't been able to wrangle it in beyond a few specific settings. I was able to get a fantastic In-a-gadda-da-vida out of it though. Beyond that it came out a bit shrill and/or glitchy for my tastes in most settings. Granted, this was the second pedal I'd built, so it may be time to revisit this one, maybe even try out some new transistors in it.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

The dude abides

jimilee

Quote from: TheDude on January 15, 2020, 06:59:19 PM

Quote from: jimilee on January 15, 2020, 06:51:07 PM
Have you heard the fuzz factory, it makes crazy noises. I've built several on vero.

I have! I actually built a JMK 5-Knob fuzz, though I haven't been able to wrangle it in beyond a few specific settings. I was able to get a fantastic In-a-gadda-da-vida out of it though. Beyond that it came out a bit shrill and/or glitchy for my tastes in most settings. Granted, this was the second pedal I'd built, so it may be time to revisit this one, maybe even try out some new transistors in it.

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk
It's fun, but I haven't found it a lot useful for my taste. Catch some youtube vids on it, it can do a lot of stuff.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.