News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Regular true bypass

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 14, 2020, 07:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

Probably a dumb question but do you have to use the soft relay bypass or can I wire it up with a regular 3pdt switch?
Who the hell is Bucky?

Netnnk

So far I've only used regular stomp switches for all of mine. It's easier with some of the fuzzes that don't use the  charge pump. You can  find the in/out and power connections on the boards and use a regular switch if your enclosure is large enough, and you can  keep the boards in place.

Thewintersoldier

Looking at the bumblebee build doc the bypass board uses an IC for the split power rails. Is it truly necessary for the effect to work right? Maybe Brain can chime in. I have big feet and bump pedals all the time hence my distaste in no latching relay bypass. I want to just wire it regular old fashioned true bypass style.
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 14, 2020, 08:31:40 AM
Looking at the bumblebee build doc the bypass board uses an IC for the split power rails. Is it truly necessary for the effect to work right? Maybe Brain can chime in. I have big feet and bump pedals all the time hence my distaste in no latching relay bypass. I want to just wire it regular old fashioned true bypass style.

You can get foot switches with higher actuation resistance (i.e., non-soft touch) if that's your main motivation. The carling switches are the ones to go for for that purpose. Alternatively, you could try a low-profile 3pdt switch and use that for switching while using the switching board/a vero build for the power.

The split rail is required for this project.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: benny_profane on January 14, 2020, 09:35:57 AM

You can get foot switches with higher actuation resistance (i.e., non-soft touch) if that's your main motivation. The carling switches are the ones to go for for that purpose. Alternatively, you could try a low-profile 3pdt switch and use that for switching while using the switching board/a vero build for the power.

So something like this and just use 2 terminals
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/x-wing-momentary-spdt/
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on January 14, 2020, 10:22:25 AM
Quote from: benny_profane on January 14, 2020, 09:35:57 AM

So something like this and just use 2 terminals
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/x-wing-momentary-spdt/

This is the switch I was talking about, but any NO momentary switch will work. For that one you linked, be sure to use the NO terminals when wiring it up.