News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bumblebee Q4 Emitter voltage

Started by chongmagic, January 20, 2020, 11:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chongmagic

I am getting 8v on the emitter where is should be around 5. All my other voltages per the build docs are correct. I am not getting any swell effect, and turning the mix knob fully CCW yields no sound. I am going to check my soldering around that area. But I am guessing getting around 8 volts at Q4 E is the problem area?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

madbean

Are you sure you don't have them labeled backwards? Q4 is the one on the lower half of the PCB and Q5 is at the top.

Then again, you shouldn't be reading 8v on either of those emitters!

chongmagic

Sorry I meant here is where I am getting 8v

madbean

No worries. Okay, that's the base of Q4. So, R26 is connected between V+ and Q4 base which is what creates its bias voltage. A reading of 8v there means you might have actually put in something other than a 1M resistor.

If you look at the trace diagram in the doc you'll see the 1M just below the two .47uF caps that are next to Q4. Double check that resistance. If it is 1M we'll see what else might be happening.

chongmagic

It is hard to tell but there is a 1m there.

chongmagic

Also I am getting .825 volts instead of 8 I misread last night. Around 8 volts is coming into R26 and .8 coming out.

somnif

Quote from: chongmagic on January 21, 2020, 06:43:58 AM
It is hard to tell but there is a 1m there.

It looks like Brown-Black-Black-Gold to me, are you sure that third band is green?

chongmagic

This is it, but I am going to replace it with another one.

chongmagic

So I replaced R26 with another 1M still .8v at the base could the transistor be bad?