News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triiiumvirate Build Completed

Started by Cybercow, January 27, 2020, 12:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybercow

TRIIIUMVIRATE

Wrapped up my VFE-Triumvirate build this weekend. Having carefully pre-measured every component before committing it to solder, I didn't stop at the "rock it before you box it" step and proceeded directly to the "finish the enclosure, stuff it and fire it up" phase.

I was more pleased with what it does than surprised that it worked when I first fired it up. (I pre-measured all components before committing them to solder.) A 3-band distortion with this much control amongst the 3 separate bands is awesome! I excised no mods as the default build is a beautiful concept all by itself.

Really pleased with how the Gorva C65 enclosure takes waterslide decals. Then after two generous coats of Duplo rattle-can clear, a dozen light coats of MinWax make for decent protection.

The gutshot . . . .

I really wanted all 3 jacks top-mounted, so I had to get a little creative mounting them. I lost count how many times I measured the components and their respective relative distances and spacing. Got it down to 1mm tolerances. Still, I had to shave one of the jacks and its lock-washer.

Checking dimensions and PCB layout. Here's the component side of the boards.

Here's a shot of the solder side of the Triumvirate boards.

Stuffing test for decal testing in a Gorva C65 (125B style) enclosure.

Thanks for taking a peek!
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

jimilee

That looks incredible, and so clean in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Super clean build!  I appreciate all the pictures.  I like the idea of labeling the trims with marker, really smart, especially for this project.

benny_profane

Handsome and quality build! Definitely appreciate the thorough documentation as well!

dawson

Wow- the level of precision in your assembly is staggering to a new guy like me.
I like the layout of your graphics too- everything is labeled clearly and cogently regardless of the different knob sizes (a personal struggle I face.)
Super nice!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

TGP39

Professional looking build inside and out.   I just know I would screw up the drilling on this project.  :o

~Steve
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

gordo

Damn fine job on the build inside and out.  I like the attention to detail on graphics, drawing attention to the 3-band aspect, and even the stomp nut is perfectly aligned.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Cybercow

Thank you all! The kind comments are very much appreciated.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."