News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sunking (AKA The Dudetaur) with True Bypass toggle

Started by Jamiroking, November 15, 2011, 12:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiroking

This one is dedicated to our famous Haberdasher who has helped me out more than a few times since I started building. More specifically, when I missed the final sale of sunkings because I was traveling, He hooked me up with an extra board he had etched for himself. In honor of him and his avatar, I dub this, the first pedal I actually finished with decals and a proper finish, "The Dudetaur"

EDIT:
Forgot to put up the gut shot

For those interested in the True bypass wiring set-up I used, here's the wiring diagram. With the addition of a dpdt toggle, I'm able to switch between the stock pedal to a true bypass bypass pedal in bypass mode. Now I think it might be possible that the engaged circuit might actually be changed when in true bypass mode but I can't  hear any audible difference so it's great for me. The buffer does sound so great with my dark Les Paul that the only time I switch it to TB is when I want to use a fuzz pedal further down the chain.

shawnee

Ha! This is one of the coolest ideas ever. Very nicely done.

Haberdasher

haha, man that graphic is killing me.  :D

For anyone wondering, I had bought 3 in the final sale so I figured I wouldn't need the etched one anymore.  Anyway, I'm glad you could make use of the PIF!

Do you like the buffer or the TB better?
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

masterlk

nzCdog

sgmezei

hahaha I love it too. The dudetaur!

Great job on the switch. I would love to incorporate this into a build. Hopefully someone else will chime in if their are any issues with it before I build mine.

Great work. Love the image!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

TheCobbenator

DUDE! plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. But I will refrain. That's a cool/different layout for the controls! Classy!

Jamiroking

Thanks a lot everyone! The photoshopping job was tougher than I expected since there's not really a full length shot of the Dude in that pose. I had to actually compile it from 3 different stills BEFORE adding in the horse

Quote from: Haberdasher on November 15, 2011, 04:17:23 AM
haha, man that graphic is killing me.  :D

For anyone wondering, I had bought 3 in the final sale so I figured I wouldn't need the etched one anymore.  Anyway, I'm glad you could make use of the PIF!

Do you like the buffer or the TB better?

Thanks again Keefe. Yeah I forgot to specify that you just sent me your extra before you started etching expired projects. Sorry if this caused a bumrush of requests for you to make them for people.

As for the buffer/TB, I default to the buffer now. It really clears up my Les Paul beautifully which has a tendency to sound a little dark and muddy at times. The real only reason I use the TB is if I want the fuzz pedal that follows it to retain its responsiveness which is lost when preceded by the buffer. If I were to make another, I'm not sure I would bother with the toggle switch but its a pretty minimal modification and I'm a sucker for options.

Quote from: TheCobbenator on November 15, 2011, 11:03:33 AM
DUDE! plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery. But I will refrain. That's a cool/different layout for the controls! Classy!

Thanks a lot. I tried to go for the same feel of the original Klon but refuse to make anything bigger than a 125B so I thought this would work out. I got a little careless when drilling the holes though and the top left and middle knobs' pointers would catch each other at first. I had to widen the holes until they would finally clear and even now the pointers only clear each other by about a 1-2 mm. I really enjoy making my life difficult....