News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hunt for Very Thin Washers

Started by Cybercow, January 25, 2020, 12:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cybercow

I'm looking for these washers. I went to my local hardware store with no luck. I checked all the resource sites I have listed with no luck as well. LoveMySwitches has some similar, but the dimensions of his are not as good as these.

The dimensions are 20mm outer, 12mm inner and a=they are 0.5mm thick. I don't care if they are plastic, steel or aluminum. Any one?

I'm not sure from where this one came but it seems to be an oddball. But they are perfect for using with those large, bulbous colored aluminum stompswitch nuts. With those specific washers, I can bear down (tighten well) on those large stompswitch nuts without tearing into the water slide decal on the enclosure surface.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."

somnif

I can find 12mm ID by 18mm and 16mm OD, but having trouble finding 20's . The term I'm searching is "Ring shims" for washers that thin, if that helps your hunt.

mjg

I've had good luck getting things like that on eBay. Yes, I know it's not the best for electronics components theses days, but for a bag of washers it seems to come through. 

Sellers that I've seen usually stock a bunch of different sizes, thicknesses, etc.

somnif

How tight are your tolerances? I can find 1/2in (12.7mm) ID by 3/4in (19.05mm) OD, at 0.02in (0.508mm) thickness, if that would work.

pickdropper

Boker's will do custom sizes, but the MOQ might be high.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

benny_profane

Cybercow

Found 'em (got a l=tip from another builder): China on eBay, item #323824272576

These are pretty special. They can be had in a thickness as little as 0.1mm - I went with 0.3mm thickness.
Cybercow - aka: Mark Davis

"Don't let your talent take you where your character can't keep you."