News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

MadBox V3.1 or Mixer Splitter V4.2 for pedal patchbay

Started by tedsorvino, January 26, 2020, 02:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tedsorvino

I want to build a patch bay - router for my pedal board.
I need something with 5-8 lines and being able to change the routing without having to disconnect the peadals.
And I also need my guitar signal to go direct to the amp if I want it to, without having to remove the pedals.
A blend pot for each line would be a great asset and I would like to build it as compact as possible.

Any idea on what should I use to achieve something like that?
Maybe some MadBox V3.1  or Mixer Splitter V4.2 pcbs?
Any (other?) idea or any schematics or lay out on how can I combine these pcbs would be much appreciated.
Kind regards.

jimilee

You mean like a looper? Check out these guys.

http://jmkpcbs.com/product-category/epic-bypass-looper/

Thcustom has one and so does BYOC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

tedsorvino

Thanks Jimlee for the reply. I've already checked the fantastic Epic bypass looper project, but I think it's not what I need - I don't think it changes the order of the effects routed to it.

I just need something that is able to change the order of 5-8 parallel paths, even without footswitches. For example Drive -> Delay-> Mod and then by just changing patches without having to remove the in out from the pedals go to Delay ->Drive->Filter etc. That's why I was thinking the MadBox V3.1  or Mixer Splitter V4.2 pcbs.

Drew Hallenbeck

Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

tedsorvino