News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tascam MF-P01 - Power won't turn on

Started by GeorgeFormanGrill, January 26, 2020, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeFormanGrill

I'm wondering if anyone has an experience repairing a Tascam MF-P01. I was recording the other day, and the power suddenly shut off. I've tried a number of adapters to get it restarted, and nothing.

Could this be an issue with the fuse? I opened it up, and it doesn't look possible to see if there's a cold solder joint on the power jack.

Any tips are much appreciated!

Thanks,
George

gordo

Can you take a few photos of the guts.  I haven't been able to find a schematic.  Do you have a DMM to test power?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

GeorgeFormanGrill

Hey, thanks for the reply. Here are a few shots of the guts. I do have a DMM to test power!

https://imgur.com/a/a6RYt9W

Thanks for any tips you've got!
George

gordo

Looks tough to get to but I'd start at the power jack and start working backwards thru the diode.  I've done SO many repairs on pedals that had a board mounted DC jack that the solder joint failed because of mechanical stress put on it.  I've also had instances of the jack itself throwing in the towel.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

GeorgeFormanGrill

Thanks for the tip!

So, you recommend just resoldering the power jack? That's going to be really tough to get to! But great to know that you've had this problem before with board-mounted jacks.

Thanks again,
George