News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Collosalus and Harbinger 1.5

Started by Thewintersoldier, January 30, 2020, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

First two builds of the year. Collosalus and Harbinger 1.5. both were fun builds and went together smoothly. No finish on the enclosures yet cause it's too cold in Detroit for doing anything in the garage. Thanks Bean for the insightful build docs, couldn't imagine building these projects without them.

Who the hell is Bucky?

mjg

Nicely done.  Looks clean on the inside!

It's heading for 41 Celsius here today, I'll send some heat your way. 

MTK

Massive builds! Very clean looking work. Good stuff.

dawson

Your drilling and wiring is looking super professional!  Really nice, clean work!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks guys, my technical skills have come a long way in the past year. My wiring is still a work in progress but it's getting better. I wish I could improve my aesthetics but that will come in time. On the harbinger I soldered my first and jfet. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I hope to be as good as you all one day!
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

The SMD fets are worth it just for peace of mind knowing they're not fakes. I'm kind of becoming a bit of an SMD fan cuz the parts are so cheap.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Thewintersoldier

I think your right about the smd fets. They are cheap, readily available, more consistent and not fake. I think I did pretty good for a first time. I bought a bunch of 5457, mpf102 and j201 smds. I'm ready for the foreseeable future in any build that uses jfets.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Caedarn

Nice builds! Where did you get the adapter board for the smd JFETs?

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

Thewintersoldier

Here's an update- I tried my hand at labels and have come up with a style that is me. It incorporates my love of marvel, growing up in the 80s, analog and guitar pedals with the simplistic style of Boss pedals. Here is the style I will be using from now on and my collosolus flanger updated.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I really dig that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Thanks Jimi, I'm trying to find MY look. I'm a minimalist by nature and thats one thing I have always liked about the boss/roland line. I love that everyone here has their own thing going on and wanted to find that too.
Quote from: jimilee on February 02, 2020, 10:40:55 PM
I really dig that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who the hell is Bucky?

Martan

MTK

That's a great graphic. Good work.